Introduced M&B to a cousin of mine

Users who are viewing this thread

udm

Regular
And he absolutely went crazy over it. Good job Arma, Ipek, Winter and all who worked on the latest release of M&B. My cousin actually called me up to thank me for introducing the game to him, and he's looking forward to buying it when the full version's released. According to him, he played for 7 hours straight through the night, realised he hadn't slept enough and was too tired to go to work, then applied off, went to sleep, woke up and continued playing again. And, according to him, he's never had this much fun "slashing sea raiders and looting villages"

So once again, great job at creating a fun product for those of us who really enjoy freelance games!

He uh actually has the full code already, as I uh shared it with him  :oops:

But he's already over 40, and he doesn't mind supporting the devs when the full game is out

You know that's software piracy, right? I'd think that it's an insult to Armagan and Taleworlds for one of their own from the community to steal their software.

udm said:
He uh actually has the full code already, as I uh shared it with him  :oops:

But he's already over 40, and he doesn't mind supporting the devs when the full game is out

Since when does age make piracy legal? And to admit to piracy in a forum that the development team actually reads and monitors??? I can't believe the gall! I think your cousin is obligated to buy a key of his own.

HardCode said:
You know that's software piracy, right? I'd think that it's an insult to Armagan and Taleworlds for one of their own from the community to steal their software.

what are you smoking now? :grin: lending the serial to his cousin is piracy?!  :mrgreen:
Of course, if you'd wanna go all lawyer on him, sure. He's not the only user using this SN. But everyone has the opportunity to use his SN on two computers, right?

I see nothing wrong about that, I gave my SN to my cousin as well. (he bought a SN himself a month later..)

And Agarian too? What the heck is wrong with you, guys?

You can still be hanged for two things in Britain, treason and piracy on British waters.

Of course, when I was told this, I immediately destroyed the copied CD's I made when I went on a cruise and was coming back.

I see no reason to be mad at him. First, this is no piracy. It's nearly the same as his cousin playing the game on udm's pc. And second, he is going to buy himself a key, sooner or later. There's nothing wrong with him playing full version now, in my opinion.

I do believe it's piracy in base sense that the key is purchased for udm's personal or even household use.

In theory a cousin and I could purchase a key for, let say $30, and split the 2 activations. After 6 weeks we can share the activations with two other 'cousins' and repeat. So when does the sharing become piracy?

This is a small independent development team developing a game which by all accounts is beyond what some of the big developers have produced in terms of gameplay for years. Every license bought or pirated is real and counts on the bottom line. Give the developers their due and purchase the key if you want to continue playing.

That's strictly my opinion.

That's idiotic.

I don't understand suckers using cracks for MaB, yeah. But this is just stupid.

Merlkir said:
That's idiotic.

I don't understand suckers using cracks for MaB, yeah. But this is just stupid.

What's so idiotic about it? If the cousin was living with the OP then sharing a license may be acceptable. But we're talking about two distinct households. Do you think that you have the right to give that second activation to whomever you like?

When does one cross the line between 'sharing' and piracy?

I don't think it's piracy at all. Heck, I gave my key to many friends to try MaB out. And I'm not afraid to say it, because all of them liked the game so much they bought it, because they wanted to support Taleworlds.

I usually encourage people to use logic. In this case you're not using logic, you're playing with words and definitions. Are you so brainwashed by the big companies and their "war on piracy" ? I recommend using common sense instead.

IMO the best way to make people buy M&B is to make them try the full version. I tried M&B at one of my friend`s house and the same day i bought the SN. After that i told my friend to look at this game and they did not buy the game. So i decided to make them try the game and you know what ? 2-3 of them bought the game.

After 1-2-3 years this game is becoming better each time a mod or a new release is out. Don`t worry about piracy, the real fan of the community will continue to support M&B.

Also since the game is cheap considering te number of mod you can have for FREE i would buy this game with the knowledge i have from all this years of playing. But if no one never talked to you about this game, you have to try it and the trial version stop at lvl 6.... you aint have the time to really enjoy it.

Anyway , i strongly recommend to people who havent bought the game yet to do it.

I, for one, received the key from a friend at first. Had no credit cards or what-so-ever back then, thus I couldn't buy it. But, from the beginning I promised myself that I'd pay for it. Buying M&B was one of the first things I did, after I got my credit card. So, what's wrong with this?

Agarian is correct in the piracy sense. One license per household. Giving your license to another in another household, cousin or not is an act of piracy unfortunately. Even though your intentions were good, and he bought a key...it's the principle. There's a demo for someone to try, if you can't get hooked on the demo, there's something wrong with you :wink:. Before I purchased M&B I played the demo over and over because I didn't want to stop playing it for 2 minutes to buy it.

The only thing that doesn't constitute piracy, is installing the game in the same household on multiple computers where anyone can play it at that point as long as it stays in your home.

The only thing that doesn't constitute piracy, is installing the game in the same household on multiple computers where anyone can play it at that point as long as it stays in your home.

ehm...and I assume you see how twisted that is?  :mrgreen: law can be quite ridiculous at times.

Back
Top Bottom