Info Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hidole555 said:
NacroxNicke said:
x2, but it wouldn't fit the timeframe too much anyhow, maybe call it Soncho or something that reseembles the name :razz:

I'm pretty sure almost half of Leon has Sancho or Sancha somewhere in their name.
And a lot of Spanish kings were named Sancho.

NikeBG said:
:grin: :grin: At first I thought you're suggesting a former companion of a certain hidalgo. Wouldn't be a bad idea either... :razz:
quapitty said:
:cool: Good idea by the way.
NacroxNicke said:
You gotta be sh!tting with me... 3 votes already... for Sancho? Well, I certainly didn't see that coming, although I'm glad. :grin: But I doubt I'll be making him, because the majority of players might concider him an unneeded and unfunny joke, especially in today's times, where everything tries to bee ''dark, gritty and serious''. Which would be a darn shame, because I like jokes, and concider that they are needed in every aspect of life or fiction. But thanks for the votes! :wink:

quapitty said:
Mihailo! I told you not to mix Rum and Slivovitz!
He, he. :wink: Actually, this summer, I was drinking wine, more than other things. The reason for it is the fact that it was a very hot summer, and rum and sliwowitz are death, if you're drinking them while it's hot, because they increase your body temperature a lot.

Aye, I've never really tried rum (except in some pralines, of course), but rakia is best for the winter. Especially a warmed up one, with some honey or sugar, mmm... For the summer, the best is beer, mastika or white wine (or menta, which makes a good combination with the mastika, which we call "cloud"). And, no, I'm not an alcoholic - I've been drunk only once (from wine). :razz:

Btw, another thing I just noticed - the OP gives "Bulgarian veteran spearman" as an upgrade of the professional spearman and one tier before the shield-bearer. But both in my research and in the game, the spearman upgrades directly to the shield-bearer. :wink:

Updated the troop trees in the second post.
If you spot a mistake - please, report.

quapitty said:
You busy bee!  :smile:
Ah, Quapitty, bless you! :grin:
Because, if you hadn't just commented, I wouldn't have remembered that I still haven't done Rural Troop Trees for HRE.
Or, better said, I only did the Saxons (long ago), but I felt too tired to look for Bavarian, Rhenish, Franconian and Swabian troops.
So, the time passed, and I forgot about them completely - until now.

Fixed now - added them.
Thank you! :wink:

NikeBG said:
Is that Russian noble troop really called "knight", btw?
It seems so. Haven't you tested the game?
Oh, nevermind, I forgot about your computor problems, sorry.
Anyway, it did look kinda weird to me, but since I didn't really follow the Russian research on our board, I haven't ''reported'' anything, because I thought it had the approval of Kdm or Pan-boroda.

Btw, just noticed another thing - are you sure the Bulgarian levy upgrades to spearman, which itself upgrades to shield-bearer or horseman->oklopnik? And that in the same tree the bowman upgrades to luchnik? I don't mind the latter, but the former (spearman -> shieldbearer/horseman->oklopnik) actually leads to troops from the professional tree. And considering the oklopnik is practically a cataphract, it's definitely not suitable for the rural/urban tree. (That's why in my proposed tree there was "pikeman" instead of "spearman", though "levy spearman" or "levy pikeman" could be better, so the two units wouldn't mix)

NikeBG said:
Btw, just noticed another thing - are you sure the Bulgarian levy upgrades to spearman, which itself upgrades to shield-bearer or horseman->oklopnik? And that in the same tree the bowman upgrades to luchnik? I don't mind the latter, but the former (spearman -> shieldbearer/horseman->oklopnik) actually leads to troops from the professional tree. And considering the oklopnik is practically a cataphract, it's definitely not suitable for the rural/urban tree. (That's why in my proposed tree there was "pikeman" instead of "spearman", though "levy spearman" or "levy pikeman" could be better, so the two units wouldn't mix)
Oh, ****... it seems that Korinov accidentally merged Professional, Rural and Militia troop trees, instead of only Rur and Mil.
And we who tested the new release haven't really noticed anything unusual, because we weren't that well aquainted with the Bulgarian tree to begin with.
And since you haven't been able to test the game (and you were the only one who could have notice that), that mistake remained.
Bah! :mad:
It's too bad that neither me, nor you, didn't remember to cooperate concerning that.
When Bulgaria was added in Beta 7, you also couldn't test the game, but at least you've asked me to show you the troop trees, and settlements screenshots.
But for this release - you didn't ask me anything, and I didn't ask you anything, so that mistake stayed in the official release. :neutral:

Well, I'm sorry, I've been having this swine flu for a week now and before that I was busy with translating some subs (still busy with them, btw), and before that - writing some information about one preview (haven't finished even the half yet), and before that - I don't remember... :razz:
Nah, I didn't really think there would be any problems - I was only slightly "worried" about the new faces, but thought it's not worth the bother. Otherwise, there weren't many changes with Bulgaria anyway - only the merging of the rural and urban trees (I made a full tree for that) and the two new companions, IIRC (and this isn't that much of a huge mistake anyway - I imagine it would be relatively easy to fix). Though, if you insist on making screenshots, I wouldn't mind having some of Bogdan and Valkadin, of Lado and Babun, of Berislav, of all the captains, of all the new troops, of... Eh... yeah, sorry! I'll make them myself when I can... :razz:

You guys are constantly screwing up my carefully crafted companion wheels with all those crazy wonderful ideas for companions!

I guess it's my fault for not finishing most of the 40-something planned companions...

Well, don't worry about that, the "off-wheel" companions will integrate a different wheel of their own... Bogdan is part of the planned wheel in any case, not part of the 'new' companions.

NikeBG said:
Well, I'm sorry, I've been having this swine flu for a week now and before that I was busy with translating some subs (still busy with them, btw), and before that - writing some information about one preview (haven't finished even the half yet), and before that - I don't remember... :razz: Nah, I didn't really think there would be any problems - I was only slightly "worried" about the new faces, but thought it's not worth the bother. Otherwise, there weren't many changes with Bulgaria anyway - only the merging of the rural and urban trees (I made a full tree for that) and the two new companions, IIRC (and this isn't that much of a huge mistake anyway - I imagine it would be relatively easy to fix). Though, if you insist on making screenshots, I wouldn't mind having some of Bogdan and Valkadin, of Lado and Babun, of Berislav, of all the captains, of all the new troops, of... Eh... yeah, sorry! I'll make them myself when I can... :razz:
We will fix that in the new release.
And for now, the players will be able to enjoy (or fear) the overpowered Bulgarian peasants and militans. :wink:

NikeBG said:
Good job on the faction colour coding - pretty neat!
Ah, thank you!
I wanted to colour the faction names letters, but I found it looked confusing.
So I opted for a symbol next to the faction name - and the triangle looked better than circle or square, so I chose it.
When we finally make the religion work, I will also add propper religous symbols:
Orthodox
Catholic
الله‎ Muslim
Some sun symbol for pagans, etc.

NikeBG said:
Btw, you've merged the Rhodopean "troop tree" into the Ragusan spoiler. :wink:
Well, yes, it seems that even I (being nigh-perfect as I am) can make a mistake sometimes.
Thanks - fixed. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom