Increase highborne youth frequency in recruitment pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Playing as a battanian only party is quite difficult without the highborne youths being more frequently available. That may not be the way most people like to play, but I enjoy keeping my party culture faction loyal. I would recommend an increase to their frequency in the recruitment pool even if only in cities. This would make it easier to put up a fight. Thanks, feel free to tell me your opinion.

Just give Battanians a non-noble archer tree in the first place, they have "Rangers" as a class in multiplayer I was fully expecting them to be available in the singleplayer as well.

Playing as a battanian only party is quite difficult without the highborne youths being more frequently available. That may not be the way most people like to play, but I enjoy keeping my party culture faction loyal. I would recommend an increase to their frequency in the recruitment pool even if only in cities. This would make it easier to put up a fight. Thanks, feel free to tell me your opinion.

Idk,they are quite strong. An army of those is capable pf beating 3xbigger army.

Just give Battanians a non-noble archer tree in the first place, they have "Rangers" as a class in multiplayer I was fully expecting them to be available in the singleplayer as well.
Actually I like that better. It is hard to compete with imperials with all their fodder archer recruits.

Idk,they are quite strong. An army of those is capable pf beating 3xbigger army.
They would still benefit from low tier archers I think. Are they not suppose to be the archer heavy ambush Celtic like faction? They are awful against medium to heavy tier cav which is good for balance when it comes to infantry strength. The addition of rangers would just give them a chance against those heavy cav by softening them up.

This is what we really need. The Battanian noble archers are incredible, but if Battania is to be the primary archer faction it really needs some lower tier, easily massable archers too.

Plus it makes no sense that apparently no Battanian commoners use a bow for hunting or what have you.

Currently Battania I find to be a little annoying with how the AI handles it's troops. Seem to handle all right in auto resolves, but that is really boring to just auto everything. In a 1k v 900 fight against the empire currently and the Battanian first wave had 12 archers... most of them my few imperial recruits. They just get slaughtered by the enemy basic archers which they field in greater numbers. In fact rechecking my save two empire parties combined have more ranged units than my entire army put together. The totals were 196 ranged units vs our 44 (and my 9 were Empire archers).

It's frustrating since I thought Battania's identity was focused around ranged units and infantry with a lack of calvary, but in practice they just seem to spam clan warriors and spearmen and totally ignore skirmishers and can't recruit enough archers. Then they just get turned into pincushions by crossbows.

Last edited:
Agreed.

The lore surrounding the Battanians depicts them as the archer faction, but in actuality they barely have any, due to the rarity of noble troops. While I think the Battanians are definitely in need some good and widely available archers, I'm not super keen on seeing any of their other troops get straight up replaced.

You guys are sleeping on the forest bandits. Train highborn for Fians and have the forest bandits as the replaceable fodder archers. I consider them Battanian since they can rank up to Fians with a leadership perk.

I think highborn troops should have a different recruitment mechanism like they did in Prophesy of Pendor mod. Not the same mechanism, but different from the rabble.

I think highborn troops should have a different recruitment mechanism like they did in Prophesy of Pendor mod. Not the same mechanism, but different from the rabble.

I actually thought that would be the case, something like a quest reward from lords or having to recruit them from castles instead but nope, just in the same pool but rarer.

Agreed.

The lore surrounding the Battanians depicts them as the archer faction, but in actuality they barely have any, due to the rarity of noble troops. While I think the Battanians are definitely in need some good and widely available archers, I'm not super keen on seeing any of their other troops get straight up replaced.

Exactly, was a bit bummered when I clicked on their tree to see they just had lots of skirmishers. Would rather see a branch beside that, that goes something like:
Battanian Woodsman
.................v..................
Battanian Ranger
.................v..................
Battanian Veteran Ranger

Back
Top Bottom