"incorrect authorization key"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bugzee

Sergeant at Arms
hi, just bought the game from steam and every server i try and join doesnt let me connect, i just get "incorrect authorization key" any help would be greatly appreciated

If you can't register the key on the Taleworlds website, then you're not using a legitimate key. That in turn means you probably pirated the game, so don't come crying to us if an aspect of the game (which you didn't pay for) doesn't work.

Felonious said:
If you can't register the key on the Taleworlds website, then you're not using a legitimate key. That in turn means you probably pirated the game, so don't come crying to us if an aspect of the game (which you didn't pay for) doesn't work.

try reading the op before you acuse me of something like that

Felonious said:

Dude that's just uncalled for

Felonious said:

Chill, man. He isn't asking for a key, he is asking for help using one he got from steam. Take a chill pill and read the OP.

Oh ****, fail comprehension skills on my behalf  :shock:.

Terribly sorry Bugzee, I've made an awful ass out of myself.

Okay, when you say you bought it from Steam, did you then download it via steam? Or via the Taleworld's website?
Is it possible someone else is logged onto F&S with that same key?

Hmmm, I see you've registered it to your forum account, so that indicates that there's no problem with the key itself...
Interesting.

I'd advise contacting the support, either for Steam, or Taleworlds itself.
And the game definitely isn't in trial mode?

A quick google search brought up a person with a similar problem, but he could play it in Administrator mode.

Okay, this is pretty straightforward but there's no guarantee it will work.
Open windows explorer, and copy this directory in (alternatively you could navigate there yourself):
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mount & blade with fire and sword

Now, look for a program called "mb_wfas", it's an application file (.exe) with the F&S symbol.
Right click on this, select properties. Then go to the Compatibility tab, and there should be a box named "Run this program as an administrator", check it, then try launching the game by directly clicking on the same "mb_wfas.exe".

I hope it works :smile:

Felonious said:
Hmmm, I see you've registered it to your forum account, so that indicates that there's no problem with the key itself...
Interesting.

I'd advise contacting the support, either for Steam, or Taleworlds itself.
And the game definitely isn't in trial mode?

A quick google search brought up a person with a similar problem, but he could play it in Administrator mode.

Okay, this is pretty straightforward but there's no guarantee it will work.
Open windows explorer, and copy this directory in (alternatively you could navigate there yourself):
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mount & blade with fire and sword

Now, look for a program called "mb_wfas", it's an application file (.exe) with the F&S symbol.
Right click on this, select properties. Then go to the Compatibility tab, and there should be a box named "Run this program as an administrator", check it, then try launching the game by directly clicking on the same "mb_wfas.exe".

I hope it works :smile:

thanks man ill give these a go after ive done some work.

Sorry to bring up an old topic but this covers exactly what is happening to me; got F&S on steam. Friend hosts, I get this error. game is allowed through windows firewall, the exe is set to run as admin. Help? :sad:

I get this on Warband.

Background info: I downloaded demo of the Taleworlds website, then bought the game off steam. I can join MP games fine but I when I host it my friends get "incorrect authorisation key" error message, though when they host I can join their game.

I get this while playing LAN or Local Network through Hamachi, after doing basic fixes and contacting steam support no solution has come clear.

QWW said:
I get this while playing LAN or Local Network through Hamachi, after doing basic fixes and contacting steam support no solution has come clear.

help :cry:

Back
Top Bottom