In army battles, if you don't choose to captain any formation, do they all go without captains?

Users who are viewing this thread

When you're in an army battle, in the pre-battle screen where you can pick which formation to lead, the player gets first choice. You choose a formation, and then the other lords choose theirs. But if you don't choose anything, nobody else chooses anything and all the formations seem to go without captains.

I seem to remember in earlier versions that there was an actual dialogue box to choose if you wanted to be a captain or not, and if you chose no, then the positions got filled by the other lords. Can we bring that back please? Or at least let me put a companion in charge.

I haven't played since the last update, so maybe this something new; but I always seem to be able to pick captains when I lead an army. If I don't lead an army I don't expect a choice.

My issue is more that I feel as leader of the army all my bonus should go to every troop in the army (that they would apply to..example: archer bonuses to the archers, cavalry bonuses to cavalry, etc) and then bonuses of the captains I choose should go to those formations on top if my own. I believe from what I've heard that my bonuses only apply if I choose to lead a formation and only to that formation.

I haven't played since the last update, so maybe this something new; but I always seem to be able to pick captains when I lead an army. If I don't lead an army I don't expect a choice.

My issue is more that I feel as leader of the army all my bonus should go to every troop in the army (that they would apply to..example: archer bonuses to the archers, cavalry bonuses to cavalry, etc) and then bonuses of the captains I choose should go to those formations on top if my own. I believe from what I've heard that my bonuses only apply if I choose to lead a formation and only to that formation.
That's not what I'm talking about. I don't mean when you lead the army, but when you're just another party leader in another lord's army. In the deployment screen, you get to choose a formation to captain. First you choose your formation, and once you've chosen, other lords choose the other formations.

The problem is that if you do not choose any formation for yourself, nobody else chooses any either because they're waiting for you to choose. So you wind up going into battle with no captains.

That's not what I'm talking about. I don't mean when you lead the army, but when you're just another party leader in another lord's army. In the deployment screen, you get to choose a formation to captain. First you choose your formation, and once you've chosen, other lords choose the other formations.

The problem is that if you do not choose any formation for yourself, nobody else chooses any either because they're waiting for you to choose. So you wind up going into battle with no captains.
Looks like in an army you can take the lead of a formation but for the other formations, it looks weird you cannot assign the captain you want, nor the AI will do it properly. There is an issue here IMO. Which is annoying further more.

I read somewhere from a developer that captains are assigned automatically at the start of the battle in case they're missing, or even in the middle of battle if a captain falls. I don't know if we can verify this, or if it's still the case.
Obviously the equipment of heroes is important because it determines the formation they start in, and in turn it determines what captain they could become during the fight.

I read somewhere from a developer that captains are assigned automatically at the start of the battle in case they're missing, or even in the middle of battle if a captain falls. I don't know if we can verify this, or if it's still the case.
Obviously the equipment of heroes is important because it determines the formation they start in, and in turn it determines what captain they could become during the fight.
I hope that's the case, but it would be nice if the game showed it to you. In older versions it used to ask if you wanted to captain a group and if you declined, you would see the positions get filled by the other lords. I don't know why they changed that.

The player doesnt necessarily have the first choice. Many times the player will have to choose from what is left. I think it may be according to clan influence/army/tier or something, but I think the player gets the first choice often later in the game is because hes very powerful. I also always assumed the spots that were left empty when you started the battle filled automatically, because if you remember, when you do choose a position, all the other ones that you could have chosen get filled with other lords.

Back
Top Bottom