Improvement/ Unlockable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Snutze

Sergeant
I want to know ... in the current version of the beta is there any kind of reward / level / sens of progression in the game? Because Im sure the game is great but unlockign stuff and havign a feeling of advancement kinda is important to a good gaming environnement ( my opinion ) and Im sure Il enjoy PvP a lot but without this feature it could get less exiting faster... just saying....    Thoughts ?

I hold the opposite opinion that 'unlocks' and 'levels' for this kind of multiplayer is unnecessary, all it serves to do it drive a wedge between newer and older players. You can buy better equipment during a game but I think that should be it, nothing permanent.

I understand what you mean but I dont know a sens of accomplishement somethigng that doesnt make you necessarly stronger but maybe have access to more tools ?  I mean somethign to push you forward a sens of evolution . I personnaly feel a fight is funnier / more epic when it has a purpose a reason to be when you have a goal behind instead of a pointless randommapnowhereintheworld fight that you end exactly the same as when you started

P.S I really appologies about all my typo/ gram mistake Im at the job so im trying to be fast

You need not achievments for warband. You make them yourself. You must not propose unlockables for warband. It won't be fair.

I think that having a character that you could level up like in SP would be good, but KEEP the money system.

Snutze said:
I understand what you mean but I dont know a sens of accomplishement somethigng that doesnt make you necessarly stronger but maybe have access to more tools ?  I mean somethign to push you forward a sens of evolution . I personnaly feel a fight is funnier / more epic when it has a purpose a reason to be when you have a goal behind instead of a pointless randommapnowhereintheworld fight that you end exactly the same as when you started

P.S I really appologies about all my typo/ gram mistake Im at the job so im trying to be fast

I can understand where you are coming from, but these things like kill/death rates and unlocks change a fun game where one can laugh about their deaths to a game where everyone calculates their statistics.

Let's make Warband: Modern Warfare <hurray> , ranks or something for prestige are fine to me , but making improvements would just allow noobish long playing kids to kill talented casual warriors like in most of today multiplayer games. Skills should give you the benefits , not the played hours.

Achievements and ranks have been discussed a million times, with the majority being against it. Even if these do not provide bonuses, I am strongly against it. It would encourage an over-competitive or selfish style of play, which is not good for the general environment.

Unfair ?  Modern warfare 2 is a mega blockbuster and really enjoyable game and it has unlockable, in no way these are game breaking but they makes it great to try and achieve some of the objective offered  Im not tlakign abotu makign you a beef with 4 tiem normal hp  or givign anybody god mod . But it kinda feels normal that If your charactere have been around  for a long time that you get maybe few tool up your sleeve that some might not have anyway ... Thats why Im more into SP anyway Pvp will serve as a break at some point during campaign :razz:  I will probably enjoy it a lot I just fear about the durability of it we could say :p  but thanks for sharing your points of view  /respect

Edit : Just read last 4 replys I agree with these poitn of view but rankign woudl be cool but well Liek I said all my suggestion are more aimed at the fact that after 4 months of doing the same maps and same scenario I fear it might get repetitive unless they release some new features or options

Snutze said:
Unfair ?  Modern warfare 2 is a mega blockbuster and really enjoyable game and it has unlockable, in no way these are game breaking but they makes it great to try and achieve some of the objective offered  Im not tlakign abotu makign you a beef with 4 tiem normal hp  or givign anybody god mod . But it kinda feels normal that If your charactere have been around  for a long time that you get maybe few tool up your sleeve that some might not have anyway ... Thats why Im more into SP anyway Pvp will serve as a break at some point during campaign :razz:  I will probably enjoy it a lot I just fear about the durability of it we could say :p  but thanks for sharing your points of view  /respect

Edit : Just read last 4 replys I agree with these poitn of view but rankign woudl be cool but well Liek I said all my suggestion are more aimed at the fact that after 4 months of doing the same maps and same scenario I fear it might get repetitive unless they release some new features or options

I think the Akimbo 1887s were pretty gamebreaking for awhile.

ok maybe well thats more like a balancing issue liek saying some weapons are too strongs :razz: its not directly linked to the system itself :razz:

also
ranking system?
And how could player get a new rank? Stay spectator for hours, farm noobs or what?..
In-game community will be aware of your "rank" if you really deserve it.

When did winning become not good enough?

How would it get repetitive, replayability has always been the strength of multiplayer. Before every game had achievements and unlockables games just had gameplay, and it didn't stop people from playing them, people still play old games without that stuff even now.

How do you farm a noob ? its written over his head ? ( could be a rank too )  but no achievement could like kill one person with a bow/jav/axe at certain distance or kill 20 person without dieing , there is a lot that can be done with game mechanic that could just be fun to try and accomplish  also your rank woudl be knows  by people if the player base was of few thousand maybe but otherwise there isnt much chance for that happening it wont be beta anymore ..

Or wait I know lets have a type of Dota / Hon  Narrator ( god in this case )  Yell DOuble kill Triple kill QUad kill !!    Bloodbath !!  Unstoppablee ! whiel your in a streak :razz: hahahah just messing that be a really funny mod though

Edit:Just thought about it and tournament or survival type of game could probably be really interesting  ( Made it easier for really smart people !! )

Ranks would be unnecessary and frankly I do not like this whole idea of e-penis. I know many good players, I know who they are. I do not need some hippy icon to show me.
Snutze said:
Just thought abotu ti and tournament or survival type of game sometimes coudl probably make it really interesting
Now excuse me gentlemen but I am completely at loss here. Would any one of you be so kind and translate this into some civilised language?

SanDiego said:
Ranks would be unnecessary and frankly I do not like this whole idea of e-penis. I know many good players, I know who they are. I do not need some hippy icon to show me.
Snutze said:
Just thought abotu ti and tournament or survival type of game sometimes coudl probably make it really interesting
Now excuse me gentlemen but I am completely at loss here. Would any one of you be so kind and translate this into some civilised language?

Just thought about it and tournament or survival type of game could be really interesting

Beside as I stated before You know them because there is only so many player that have access to the beta you kinda get to know each others but this poitn will fail within a couple of week ...

Back
Top Bottom