SP Antiquity Imperator

Users who are viewing this thread

hey Inukshuk. i made a shield that looks like a roman shield. if you could pm me your email, i can send it to you to see what you think and if you might like it.

it dosnt have arm bands (dont know how to make those), and its not textured. 

There are two ways to take a screenshot from wings. You could just hit the 'Print Screen' button, which on my keyboard is next to scroll lock. Alternatively, you could position the camera the way you want it, go to file>Render, and you'll get a better quality picture. This will be set as an image in your outliner (go to window>outliner). Right click on it, and click export, and save it anywhere you want. Then, get an imageshack account: http://imageshack.us/:grin:  You should definitely register with them or another image hosting site if you're in to modelling. Once you have registered (now this is if you have registered with image shack), upload the picture (you'll ses how when you register). Then you can view your picture and you'll be given a code for forums once it's loaded. Copy and paste this into a post, et viola!

See if you can follow that, and post a screenie of the shield in the thread.

The other day, as you know, I learned how to rig and export models into the game. Although I'm still inexperienced, I felt really proud of myself for doing it. I recommend that you have a good go at texturing, and then learn what to do with the arm band bits for the shield (which I don't know myself). There are some great tutorials around, especially on the MBX forums where modders like to hang out. If you read these and learn how to do this yourself, you'll feel really proud and motivated, and like me, you'll probably want to keep making al sorts of things. I'm reading a tutorial about making new buildings - exciting!  :grin:

I need a quick break from all these robes!

Regards,

Inukshuk

well...the thing is.. i dont have photoshop so i cant really make textures....

can you give me more details on how to do the pictures? cause really, i only know how to do print screen and then i can only paste it in word.  :???:

http://www.gimp.org/

Download 'Gimp'. It's a pretty good image editing software and it's free. Lots of people use it to texture, and you can make as good textures with this as you can with photoshop.

If you have microsoft paint, you can hit ctrl+v to paste a print screen in there. You can also paste the print screen in to PowerPoint, right click, and click 'Save as picture'. Of course, once you download gimp you can paste and save in there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should have a surprise for you all tomorrow. And you, SPQR.  :wink: I'm hoping it will work in game - fingers crossed.

Regards,

Inukshuk

SPQR's still around, don't worry. He's been moving house and that always throws everything up in the air.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Behold!

I'm going to try and implement it into the game, which may require some rejiggling of the geometry and some retexturing. It shouldn't be too bad though as the texturing is tiled.

Hope you like.  :smile:  Let's all decided what she's the godess of...

Regards,

Inukshuk

Back
Top Bottom