IMB - New SKIRMISH server

Users who are viewing this thread

KristianGrait

Sergeant
Immortal Brotherhood

ayKeokj.png

ABOUT IMB SKIRMISH PUBLIC:
ImB has the pleasure of introducing a new public & inter-clan server to the community.
Our main goal is to experience intense & quick skirmishes with a solid level of teamwork.
We have made maps spesifically for this purpose and adjusted round time, flag spawn time and gold awards accordingly to fullfill our intent.
After some testing we wish to open 2 "pro" servers for arranging clan-skirmishes.

SERVER SETTINGS:
Server name: ImB Skirmish Public
Player cap: 12 (6 v 6)
Roundtime: 3 minutes
Flagspawn: 1.30 minutes
Round count: 9

MAP ROTATION:
a) x1 3 v 3 mini-skrims (2 more will come shortly)
b) x8 6 v 6 normal skirmish maps
c) x2 6 v 6 Support class skirmish maps (larger

GENERAL CONDUCT:
* We want mature players.
* No kicking bodies, teamhitting, offensive language etc.
* Skilll is not required however the will to teamwork is.
* ONLY our custom maps are available. Don't expect to get vanilla maps!
* Play with honor - If you dominate the enemy, dont upgrade as well.
* Balance the teams. If one team is OP, switch to the other team.

Read more: http://immortalbrotherhood.clanwebsite.com/217222/topic/new-imb-skrimish-server-is-up-iyr/getpage/2#2#ixzz3fe10Olrx

[size=14pt]Maps Preview[/size]

Pig Seption Who will survive? Those who cross the gate, or those who doesn't?

0F4pJD6.jpg

9t9oinE.jpg

Brewery Ready to drink??.. ehm. sorry, to fight??

z6Lb8AL.jpg

Durquba Arena Is time to show to your Sultan who is the best desert warrior

xrlFg5R.jpg

vlFlUJs.jpg

Apple Village Your beautifull house is attacked!!

C8Qgn79.jpg

j5QOsud.jpg

Snow courtyard Fighting in a medieval cold land that reminds Winterfell XD

8Z1Isiy.jpg

RcayNWm.jpg

Rebellion aboard Ready to test yourself on a ship without escape?

ICIDOsX.jpg

K5G9Ygf.jpg

Many others. Screenshots in progress.

I think you might struggle to keep it populated, I know we had a fair amount of trouble with that back when we hosted the Beehive with a similar concept (think we were max 20 players).

If you host very low number servers then you need a mechanism to keep people interested when they join by themselves or very low numbers.

It is a nice idea, but not for a public server. Perhaps another purpose of this server could be; clans could arrange quick and short fun matches since you got some nice small maps? So, overall; you could host these matches but dunno. Lets try!

Btw, the preview images are scretched by height I think.

Windle said:
Nice! Will be trying it out soon. What's the player slot capped at?

The cap is at 12 players :smile:
The map sizes fits perfect 6 v 6.
------------------------------------------
Efe Karacar said:
It is a nice idea, but not for a public server. Perhaps another purpose of this server could be; clans could arrange quick and short fun matches since you got some nice small maps? So, overall; you could host these matches but dunno. Lets try!

Btw, the preview images are scretched by height I think.

We will do both! :smile:

We will test run this one server first - then if it runs well and maps are balanced /adjusted - we will open 2 more "pro" servers.
The pro servers allow arrangements for clans or inter-clan skrims every day at 18:00 - and we might give admin to trusted clans to help us run it.

The public server runs great so far!
All though many new players thends to dissapear quickly - strong players or players with team work mentality tends to stay for hours <3

Thanks for noticing the pictures. I will get black to fix them :smile:
----------------------------------------------------------
Lord Rich said:
I think you might struggle to keep it populated, I know we had a fair amount of trouble with that back when we hosted the Beehive with a similar concept (think we were max 20 players).

If you host very low number servers then you need a mechanism to keep people interested when they join by themselves or very low numbers.

There are multiple mechanisms to populate it - however keeping it continuously populated is not our main goal.
The idea behind the server is to be able to get/arrange daily inter-clan or clan skirmishes on maps that are spesificly made for this purpose.
This way we get a nice solid teamwork experience, we get rid of alot of the random chasing each other around a big maps in a "tactical blob" and winning more or less by random not by skill/teamwork..

The server cap is at 12 players. But as stated above - we will open more servers that allows for clan arranagements as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Been hopping on now and then. Gotta say this is the perfect place to practice some pure 5 aside scrims if you're looking to improve ground force teamwork!!

TheCheeseMaster said:
Cool maps, who's making them? The server is sort of like bearpit and their weird maps :smile:

Smiley is one of them, dunno who other worked on this

Blivandefar said:
apple village reminds me of orchard farm in fable, good luck with server =^)

maybe the authors played fable :razz:.. TY btw!

OurGloriousLeader said:
Are trainees allowed to play here?

XXXXDDD

meh.. i still love y! :'D

Windle said:
Been hopping on now and then. Gotta say this is the perfect place to practice some pure 5 aside scrims if you're looking to improve ground force teamwork!!

nice 2 hear! ... meh 2h and i have to go to the airport XD. can't sleep

OurGloriousLeader said:
Are trainees allowed to play here?

Unfortunantly yes and/or no :smile:
Windle said:

That was what we where hoping to hear <3
What is your nick?

Back
Top Bottom