Users who are viewing this thread

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Vlad_Tepes said:
and spiked bolas

?

As in the Inca thrown weapon?

Anyways, nice avatar.

actually the mongols used something similar
along with spiked iron marble sized balls that they used against enemy horses though i dont see how that one would work

I noticed on one of the idea lists, it stated "less hills".  If I'm not mistaken, weren't hills and mountainous regions a notable feature of Mongolia?  I guess what I'm trying to say is, when I think of Mongolia, I think steppes, rather than all flatland.

Also, on another note.  I don't know if it's at all possible to put into combat situations, but maybe have it as a 'static' creature of sorts, but I know that the Mongols were and still are fond of falconry.  They hold a certain reverence for the eagles they hunt with.

Maybe you could fashion an eagle to perch on top of your banner during combat, and have a few in a town here and there.  I'm not sure how you could, or if it's possible to implement them, in actual combat, and I doubt it would really make sense to have them fighting.  But since they're such large part of Mongol culture, it would seem kind of wrong to leave them out completely, wouldn't it?

When playing nomad type factions a have wished for this 2 features. 

1. What if there was a way to implement the encumbrance system from your character when mounted. A heavy european full armoured knight with high encumbrance could have a -2 or -1 speed penalty on his horse. (the mongols were able to outrun the european knight in spite of the mongolian small horses by having lighter gear ) . The penalty could be minimal , horses responding different as a human to heavy weight. The elite mounted heavy units in the game would suffer weight-speed penalty , warhorses could be "spared" cos' they wore breed for that this type of battle field conditions as they are already slow. More  incentive to play  as light-cavalary.

2. More realistic  distance for arrows , and ballistics. A  common problem in mount and blade is that the arrow just drops. Outshooting is not a viable strategy nowadays. Mongol bows shoot  arrows at maybe 400-500 m / depending on the bow and type of arrows there are different ballistics. The arrows behave probably as the wore shot from short bows , the weakest of all in the game. How to make the arrows travel a bit faster ... more range, less of an dropping arc. The decrease in speed of an arrow has a certain mathematical function , here something happens and just drops out of the blue.

Vlad_Tepes said:
need to make it so heros in your party can upgrade by themselves

That is something all mods need. So annoying when you have the full set of companions and have to go through like 45+ menus to upgrade them all, i just dont bother, maybe have something so there is an option to turn on auto lvl or smmits?

Also cant wait for this mod man, ive been waiting for something like an ancient chinese mod and this is the closest thing ive found in my lurking so far.

Keep up the good work. And keep on 'asianizing' :wink:

in tha native theres some villiges that have small stone houses that from rialistic view..its the closest to a simpel mongol building from what i know
so...you can use that ...cuz wooden houses?..... idont think thay used that

Back
Top Bottom