ideas for Faction related things

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a lot of ideas of things to spice up the new faction-based gameplay, so here we go:

1. The ability to attack anyone whenever you want. Of course, if you attack your faction, your oath to the King is considered void, but you can get recruited by another.

2. Bribery, bring back the good old bad old way of smoothing over reputation issues.

3. An enemy that's afraid of you offering to pay a ransom to avoid the fight (not just caravans)

3. Spies. A spy (maybe multiple) reports to your King once a week with an enemy battle plan. If you go get the news you can defend whatever the enemy is after. Similarly you can pay the spy something like 1000g to bring you advance information whenever your properties are going to be attacked. Spies might be able to die if caught, or be misleading you if someone else is paying them off, etc... normal skullduggery stuff

4. Two more options when you meet a friendly Lord: Follow me, and Join a Battle Plan... the first is self explanatory although maybe will require payment to them if you have low reputation. Join a Battle Plan would let you in on when the next multi-group raiding expedition is and count you in as one of the parties.

5. Enemies recruiting you. Enemies should offer you money and fiefs even if you are taken as a way to undermine their opponent.

6. Black market. It would be cool if as the opposing Faction you could instead of sneaking in which a bit too randomly disastrous for my tastes, you could meet with some shady character and sell your stuff in enemy towns, or bribe the guards or the Lord... just some fun touch to make all the towns useful.

Well that's a start, I could probably think of a million more.  :mrgreen:

bravesirknight said:
6. Black market. It would be cool if as the opposing Faction you could instead of sneaking in which a bit too randomly disastrous for my tastes, you could meet with some shady character and sell your stuff in enemy towns, or bribe the guards or the Lord... just some fun touch to make all the towns useful.

all nice ideas but this one caught my eye because at the moment joining a faction is incredibly annoying as it means you only have access to 2-3 towns and it makes hunting down your favorite piece of equipment a boring lap around the same mountain between towns to try and find it. At least when there was only 2 factions you had a large pick of towns to look through. I think bribing the guards on the way in should guarentee your safety, so you can look around any town on the map.... for a price.

Considering some points the game could surly use some shady actions like bribery, blackmarket, etc.

Good point bravesirknight :smile:

Black market YES!

How bout if you have enough renown, you could intimidate the gaurds.

Gaurds - "Oh ****, here comes Kniggit!"

Kniggit - "Well boys I'm sure you know the drill, either let me in, or I beat you with my stick and take you to Ramun..."

Gaurds - "Interesting point..." (Could have a choice here)

Choice A: "Go on in!" (Free entry)
Choice B: "Well my purse feels a little light..." [( "Donate" 50 denars) This option if refused could lead to C. ]
Choice C: "Come on ya pansy!" (Fight!)

Spur of the moment thoughts  :grin:

Kniggit

Edit: hookd onn fonex werkd fer mee<

Your forgetting assassins. the kings could hire assassins to take out the enemy heroes or even attempt to assassinate you. They should be speedy buggers with something like 10 athletics light armor throw daggers and a short sword or dagger. When you fight you you fight them alone.As for Successful Assassin attempts on enemy heroes. That hero disappears and is replaced by a new one recruited from the ranks of the veteran soldiers. Of course the starting heroes would be VERY powerful compared to the ones that take over. Maybe Different ranking Assassins. this can determine their strengh. And kings should have princesses and princes arround. These can be leaders or diplomats (very similar to Medieval 2).

Kniggit said:
Black market YES!

How bout if you have enough renown, you could intimidate the gaurds.

Gaurds - "Oh ****, here comes Kniggit!"

Kniggit - "Well boys I'm sure you know the drill, either let me in, or I beat you with my stick and take you to Ramun..."

Gaurds - "Interesting point..." (Could have a choice here)

Choice A: "Go on in!" (Free entry)
Choice B: "Well my purse feels a little light..." [( "Donate" 50 denars) This option if refused could lead to C. ]
Choice C: "Come on ya pansy!" (Fight!)

Spur of the moment thoughts  :grin:

Kniggit

Edit: hookd onn fonex werkd fer mee<

sounds great to me  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom