I want to be a woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissia said:
Considering how many people say crap like that and actually mean it online, I'd rather just report it as trolling and move on, which I have done.

I am sorry the mean person hurt your feelings on the internet. I'm glad you proverbially told your mom about it and she gave them a slap on the wrist.

That doesn't change the fact that you need to relax and not take everything so personally. This is the ****ing internet, you don't get a free pass because you're a female, we all get trolled equally. I don't run away and report people for attempting to troll me, I handle my business just fine.

Some [insert gender] have no idea what to do with their suddenly acquired freedom and rights and equality and that kind of stupid stuff. They should be send back to the [where they belong].  :lol:

Want to hear a funny joke?
Women's Rights

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing, somebody already told her twice.

Q: Why did God make women?
A: You think he's gonna wash the dishes? Aw HAYELL Naw!

Q: How do you know when it's time to get a new dishwasher?
A: When the old one expects you to "do your share"

You think men have it easy? You're dead wrong, they have to work up a sweat to keep taking out the belt and putting it back in again.

Q: How many feminists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Trick question, feminists can't change anything!

Why does a man like to see two women kiss each other?
Two less mouths that are *****ing.

That's right come get me,
Before I laugh myself into the grave
and fyi, the girls I know LOVE these sort of jokes. Are they self-hating women?

LordRichRich said:
Women's Rights

It's called "context."

Auldman said:
LordRichRich said:
Women's Rights

It's called "context."
Oh I thought this thread had deteriorated into abuse. Let me know when it does :')

14 year old girl crashed into a tree yesterday
What was she doing driving the car?!
Never mind that! What was a tree doing in the kitchen!?

hands_clapping.gif

LordRichRich said:
No, I think they are just not ugly enough to start hating men and become a feminist and see offensive sexist stuff everywhere.  :lol:

BTW good jokes man.  :lol:

Yes I would say that statistic has meaning. Stepping back a bit, I think you're confused about what a statistic is, in particular what the forum male to female ratio statistic means. You're arguing from a strawman, the statistic doesn't say what you think it is trying to say, all statistics are are data from the specific environment from which it is gathered, and though not perfect or definitive, it is tangible data.
Stop.  Just stop right there.  I'm not even reading the rest of what you said.

Look... data is only useful if it's meaningful.  That's why there's a whole science devoted to polling and using statistics correctly.  The data you've cited is not at all meaningful- i.e., we do not know the sample size, the number of respondents that choose not to answer the question at all (my guess: the majority), etc., nor whether they're being honest or not.

So, your 'statistic' is junk.  It's like walking into a store, seeing that they have 10 apples and 1 orange, and claiming that all stores have a 10:1 ratio of apples to oranges.  We can't use it as even a starting-place for a meaningful conversation, basically.

I honestly don't see why people are against being able to be a female in game. It's the players decision. Are you afraid your pointer might go and click on "female" instead? Let females be females, I can't see why developers can't add the function.

xenoargh said:
Yes I would say that statistic has meaning. Stepping back a bit, I think you're confused about what a statistic is, in particular what the forum male to female ratio statistic means. You're arguing from a strawman, the statistic doesn't say what you think it is trying to say, all statistics are are data from the specific environment from which it is gathered, and though not perfect or definitive, it is tangible data.
Stop.  Just stop right there.  I'm not even reading the rest of what you said.

Look... data is only useful if it's meaningful.  That's why there's a whole science devoted to polling and using statistics correctly.  The data you've cited is not at all meaningful- i.e., we do not know the sample size, the number of respondents that choose not to answer the question at all (my guess: the majority), etc., nor whether they're being honest or not.

So, your 'statistic' is junk.  It's like walking into a store, seeing that they have 10 apples and 1 orange, and claiming that all stores have a 10:1 ratio of apples to oranges.  We can't use it as even a starting-place for a meaningful conversation, basically.

I'm sure a lot people do the same to all of your post(I know they do), and your analogy is horrible.

skyssoldier said:
I honestly don't see why people are against being able to be a female in game. It's the players decision. Are you afraid your pointer might go and click on "female" instead? Let females be females, I can't see why developers can't add the function.

A lot of them aren't, I know I'm all for it. But maybe the devs looked at it from a historical point and said " No women lead large armies of professional soldiers during the Russo-Polish War, so we won't include it".

All I know is it's not in the game, and if they were going to implement it, they already would have.

So why not focus on the other problems with the game, because we know there are many.

skyssoldier said:

If it's not part of the design it's not part of the design. Generally you don't democratise the design process because things end up sucking; that's why films have one director, and why most developers have one designer.

OMG, reading this thread made me laugh so many times... :grin:

The amount of ppl actually NOT wanting to understand or read what others wrote... mind-shattering.

Oh, and the person (guy/woman) who wrote all those jokes - KUDOS :grin:

All in all, lets all go to a forum of some other game where u can not play a female char (Witcher 2 perhaps) and open a new, 80 page long discussion there. Hopefully, ill get to hear some new jokes.

Take care & play what u want

P.s. I recommend to the admins that this thread gets closed...

skyssoldier said:
Yes, I see your point. But since this thread got to 80 pages, I'd say that it is in demand. There could be something done about it. Maybe a petition?

It's not 80 pages of people screaming for the function.

It's 80 pages of discussion, back and forth, over a topic that is not only volatile, but extremely easily trolled.

Faulty logic is faulty.

skyssoldier said:
Yes, I see your point. But since this thread got to 80 pages, I'd say that it is in demand. There could be something done about it. Maybe a petition?

More like 80 pages of nonsense, by the same few people who are just a vocal minority.

Bringing in feminist rhetoric and the plight of women simply because F&S did not include female playable character is frankly an over-exaggeration. Might as well bring in Nazis.
People have already brought up that games like Portal only feature a female-only character, yet it didn't stop the large demographics (male gamers) from enjoying the game.

Sexism against women is a real problem, but not including an option to play a female is not one of them. This is an example of misogynism which should be combated, it was in Witcher:

From PCGamer
"This time, Geralt climbs into a different prisoner's cell and finds a woman tied up and topless. After freeing the prisoner, Geralt looks away as she covers herself up. It's an uncomfortable moment as a viewer; exploitative and more than a little creepy. Thankfully, other people thought so, too, and CD Projekt RED has already pledged to change it. The original Witcher took justifiable flak for the misogyny of its collectable sex cards, and the developers are determined not to make the same mistakes again."

Now that is something which should rightfully not be included. But in general I really don't care about any feminist movement because they are always associated with man-bashing, always confrontational, hate-filled, and frankly just cases of over-exaggeration and crying about nothing.

Oh look, women with revealing clothing. Sexist. Muscle-bound ripped huge men? No problem.
Oh look, no playable female character. Sexist. No playable male character? No problem.

Whatever plight women think they are suffering from, men suffer from it as well. In the end, it's just supply and demand, and if the majority of the gamers are male, it is only appropriate that most games cater to the majority, male players. There's no sexism, it's just a business model. Like how Oprah's show is mostly watched by women, so her show caters more towards women.

Context.

As I understand it, the woman was being tortured and interrogated. I don't know about you, but it seems to me that both processes should involve more than a little physical and mental discomfort for the recipient. That's rather the point.

original said:
Sexism against women is a real problem, but not including an option to play a female is not one of them. This is an example of misogynism which should be combated, it was in Witcher:
No it's not, any more than Lara Croft being a woman is misandry. It's simply artistic choice; the game dev, writer, artist et al are and should always be free to choose the gender(s) of the character(s) they are creating their art about. That choice can influence everything from style and atmosphere to the plot; and attempting to extrapolate any psychological attributes of the author from that is, to be frank, ****wittery, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom