I still want my Warband CD Key

Users who are viewing this thread

Phoskito

Sergeant
Well, it seems like the steam problem is solved, but I actually think it's only half solved. I only used steam as a platform to buy a legit CD key for the game, to play the expansion of one of my favorite games of all time wherever and whenever I wanted to.

However, if that key is only accepted by steam I can't play it without steam installed in a computer, and this "little" app consumes a lot of computer resources while running, also giving a lot of problems when you aren't able to be connected to the Internet at all times. I think there should be a way to get your legit Warband key other than buying the game again from Taleworlds site or Amazon. Looking forward to an admin response, thanks in advance. (also, Warband rocks)

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain and my non-mother languages are a little rusty...)

That's not possible, there has been a problem with Warband in steam this weekend and it's giving invalid XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX format keys. They hotfixed the problem not asking for validation if you have one of those keys and play the game from your steam account, but I don't think that's the right way to do it.

However, if that key is only accepted by steam I can't play it without steam installed in a computer, and this "little" app consumes a lot of computer resources while running
If steam is consuming enough resources to actually affect the game's performance visibly, then your PC wasn't hot enough to run the game to begin with.

If you have a computer well above minimum spec, then Steam becomes a useful tool. can access the internet in a full screen game without alt tabbing, which is great for me in a few cases of games that like to crash when I alt tab from full screen.

The resources consumed by steam while a game is running are trivial on any modern system. Heck, my virus scanner uses more memory and CPU time.

But I thought you should know, your "rusty" English is better than that of most native speakers.

They hotfixed the problem not asking for validation if you have one of those keys and play the game from your steam account, but I don't think that's the right way to do it.
They are still working on a real game patch, where they will probably address the issue more fully. The hotfix was just an emergency patch to allow the people who bought the game during this steam sale to play.

Thanks for the long answer, I hope they eventually fix the issue in the retail game, my PC is good enough, but I usually play with a much higher battlesize than the game's default and I also like graphical enhancement mods, so I prefer to have lots of free resources when I play Mount & Blade.

I have lots of games in my Steam account and all of them work just fine, but I still hate some of their policies, like "If your account is stolen, we can't do anything, you lost the games you paid for" and so on. I wouldn't like that to happen but if so, I wouldn't like to lose my Warband copy (though I'd probably end up buying another one). Thanks again for answering to my post, looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Phoskito said:
Thanks for the long answer, I hope they eventually fix the issue in the retail game, my PC is good enough, but I usually play with a much higher battlesize than the game's default and I also like graphical enhancement mods, so I prefer to have lots of free resources when I play Mount & Blade.

I have lots of games in my Steam account and all of them work just fine, but I still hate some of their policies, like "If your account is stolen, we can't do anything, you lost the games you paid for" and so on. I wouldn't like that to happen but if so, I wouldn't like to lose my Warband copy (though I'd probably end up buying another one). Thanks again for answering to my post, looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

That's not the  case at all. Steam does recover accounts very often in fact. When people have their account stolen, they can submit a ticket and then they'll usually ask you for the last credit card number you used, etc. and they get you your account back more often than not.

I'm also missing this icon under my forums avatar that tells the developers I've actually bought the game so they really know I haven't just pirated it. They solved only a small part of the problem, I'm still missing lots of things compared to any other customer.  :sad:

Phoskito said:
I'm also missing this icon under my forums avatar that tells the developers I've actually bought the game so they really know I haven't just pirated it.

You don't need the icon there.

Phoskito said:
I'm also missing this icon under my forums avatar that tells the developers I've actually bought the game so they really know I haven't just pirated it. They solved only a small part of the problem, I'm still missing lots of things compared to any other customer.  :sad:

you have to add your key on your account, then it will be there.
EDIT: on taleworlds main site.

I can't add it, steam or taleworlds, or maybe both made an error sending the keys and they have 25 characters instead of the usual 20, I can't register my game on the site nor can I play the game from the normal installer that I can get on Taleworlds.com, only through steam because they kind of cracked the game to work with that invalid key, even in multiplayer.

Trolls making fun on my thread aren't helping much, either. (I'm not calling anyone specifically a troll, but the last responses before Viggecool 's one weren't very helpful, nor good willed)

Phoskito said:
Trolls making fun on my thread aren't helping much, either. (I'm not calling anyone specifically a troll, but the last responses before Viggecool 's one weren't very helpful, nor good willed)

Oyipiggy's respone was perfectly justified, you don't need it there, this has happened a lot recently, with new recruits thinking they need to register their game, you really don't need it, it makes very little difference, if someone holds a different opinion of you because you do/don't have that icon then you should pay no attention to that person.

I wasn't referring to that response; however, I do agree posting my opinion here will not help much, I'll try to get in touch with an admin directly to see if there is any way to get my key. Thanks to all for the kind responses (I'm not being sarcastic, when talking in forums it is really difficult not to get misunderstood sometimes)

I  would also like to be able to play non-steam version of the game. :sad:
I think the solution may come with the next patch. They can always add the support for the both types of CDkeys.
And I hope they will. I also feel cheated.. :sad:

There's no difference between the steam and non steam versions. Why would you hope that so strongly? Not to say this issue wasn't a mistake, because it was, but still.

Steam is not bad, it's not evil, it doesn't hurt your computer, it doesn't sap excessive resources unless you've got a pentium 3 and 128 MB of RAM- it is NOT hurting your game's performance, no matter how much you'd like to believe it. Most of the bad things people say a bout it are just myths and lies spread by haters. If you didn't want to use steam in the first place, why didn't you get the game from another source?

PoetAndMadman said:
I  would also like to be able to play non-steam version of the game. :sad:
I think the solution may come with the next patch. They can always add the support for the both types of CDkeys.
And I hope they will. I also feel cheated.. :sad:
You bought the steam version of the game. Why the hell do you feel cheated cause you didn't get a non steam key?

Back
Top Bottom