I need a Rumor log

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikola said:
dont the prices of what sells for what and where always change. if the prices dont keep changeing on the other hand can you please give us a copy of your much wanted notebook thankyou

location of lords change too and there s this concept "report is this days old" isn t there?  and just like asking a lord for the whereabouts of another lord, you can asses goods prices to update your log. i would appreciate a "prices tab" if this kind of rumor log is added.

rumor log tabs for lords, prices, etc.

DamienZharkoff said:
Volkier said:
On second thought - the in-game journal (in-game notepad) for you to write things down is a very nice alternative - especially as you can go further and have enemy bandits sabotage you by tearing out / altering pages in the said journal. You might also be able to loose one in combat, or also steal or loot one from the enemy, which hopefully would provide even more intel!

In all seriousness... the possibilities are indeed limitless!
You win for an epic idea!
Seconded. Brilliant!
But the rumor log would also be great, linked with all mentioned names.

Very nice idea, I give my support  :wink:
And also as somebody said a personal notepad in-game would be nice, to mark any other things down.

Excellent idea!

How I see it working is as a "Rumors" journal which records things you pick up from villagers and such, like trade good prices, which lords have what dispositions (these are the personalities I know of: legalist, humanist, nationalist, greedy tyrant, and warmonger), maybe even which ladies are rumored to sleep around and which lords have loose tongues when it comes to ladies.
You should also be allowed to edit the rumor journal and post entries of your own.

It would also make sense for the trade goods prices to auto-update every time you visit a store and be sortable by value.

bladeofudun said:
Ooohh... a journal... maybe one that could auto-record your exploits? Or allow you to... embellish... which I'm sure nobody here does... your adventures? Maybe even make it exportable so it can be posted here...

Or, you can give it to a minstrel, and pay him (lotsamoney) to make an epic poem about you, which gives you +1 relationship with the town where the minstrel is, every day for a week.  After that everyone is sick of hearing about you and your relationship stops going up...

I think this is an excellent idea. Adding a rumour log which updates the pages on the lords and cities would lead to a much more immersive experience, and enable players to use world knowledge when working with lords or when trading etc.

So yes, this would be a wonderful idea. I like the idea of being able to know who are the honourable lords and who are the cruel ones, so I know who my character would try to serve with.

You know, that actually sounds like a fun idea. Keeping rumors and things in a journal. In fact, maybe they could even lead to other quests or treasure or finding hard-to-get troops among other things. It could even keep track of the culture in each place as you travel around the many villages and cities walking around to talk to people.

spectre: said:
Yay, crayons. And we would use them to produce our impressions of the lords we've met.
And, of course, our fief, with an obligatory yellow shining sun abouve it:
Dis is myne fieffe, 'tis ossim! And dis is the whoule familye: Borscha, Ymire, Lezzalit ... (-:

Please, let's not make it more complicated than it needs to be.
Personally, though, I like the idea that the info we have would be somehow incomplete, or even false, depending on a source.
If you saw something yourself, it's accurate, if it's a rumor, chances are that it is at best incomplete.
hahahaha  :lol:

Could not stop laughing while I read that.

But yeah, I support having some sort of log.  Although ripping out pages might be a bit much.

That would be very usefull for the rebels amongst us :twisted:

But sometimes you sell tools for example for 325 denars at Tihr for 536 at Rivacheg, 241 at Jelkala and 870 at Halmar.

So how would you describe this?
The list will be a bit long if you but all the goods-items in that little town window.
I think it would be easier to use if you would make a window of it, you select tools and get a window where you can see the buy/sell price of tools at different towns.

Back
Top Bottom