I feel sorry for AI as players have huge unfair advantage in the nature of this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dreed89

Squire
Time stops when player is fighting. Nearby enemy AI lords cannot reinforce the enemy battling lord, but player can do this, and AI can do this too for AI vs AI. Stopping time in arenas, cities, and menus is fine but it is very unfair for AI in battles against the player.

I know this is the very core of the game and hard to change. I just wanted to share it and see what others think.

What does AI get to compensate this? Free units upon spawning and unlimited money/horses? I wish these didn't happen as well. I would liked to see cheats removed from both sides.

Yeah, I've never understood this with Mount&Blade and it's one of the reasons coop is so hard to implement (one of the reasons). For me it would add so much. Altho I think the map is to small, if you are fighting an enemy lord he would probably get endless reinforcements untill you've beaten every army that faction has or lost.

Stopping the time for player battles isn't necessarily the problem. Your battles last what, 10-15 minutes max? That's 1% of an in game day, so basically instant on the strategic map.
The AI battles, however, take like 6 hours to resolve sometimes, or even more. This is a huge difference, and I'm not sure what the solution could be. Though it doesn't seem like such a big deal to me personally, but I understand where you're coming from.

What does AI get to compensate this? Free units upon spawning and unlimited money/horses? I wish these didn't happen as well. I would liked to see cheats removed from both sides.

Free units is a solution to a totally different issue, one that everyone noticed on release.

Stopping the time for player battles isn't necessarily the problem. Your battles last what, 10-15 minutes max? That's 1% of an in game day, so basically instant on the strategic map.
The AI battles, however, take like 6 hours to resolve sometimes, or even more. This is a huge difference, and I'm not sure what the solution could be. Though it doesn't seem like such a big deal to me personally, but I understand where you're coming from.

Thank you very much for your opinion. I just don't understand the numbers here. 6 hours is in-game time, is it not? 10-15 minutes of player battle would correspond to a lot more that 6 in-game hours and that would make a lot of difference.

Free units is a solution to a totally different issue, one that everyone noticed on release.

Yes, you are totally right. I just wanted to throw in some general random advantages AI has over player for compensation. It was not directly meant as a solution to this issue.

Thank you very much for your opinion. I just don't understand the numbers here. 6 hours is in-game time, is it not? 10-15 minutes of player battle would correspond to a lot more that 6 in-game hours and that would make a lot of difference.
Yeah, sorry I wasn't very clear. The 6 hour thing was the in-game time.
I just mean there's a massive difference between how long battles take when your participate in them as opposed to when you don't, but I'm not sure if a 15 minute 200 vs 200 skirmish should correspond to a longer time on the strategic map.
So maybe player battles being instant isn't the problem, perhaps its the AI battles taking too long.
At least reducing the AI battle time is the only feasible solution I can see to that.

Yes, the player has for sure and edge against the AI in this game and I am not even talking about brain. By design the player have tons of advanges and some of them are unnecessary like being able to create 4 parties while AI clans are able to create just 3.

I take on their entire 1k+ army anyways. There's nobody left to help them. If they did it would just help me destroy them faster.

They get to live a little longer.

Not sure why you are so proud about playing the game in easy mode with tons of horse archers and using tons of exploits. Most of the people do not enjoy playing in this way.

Not sure why you are so proud about playing the game in easy mode with tons of horse archers and using tons of exploits.
I play on max difficulty settings and I use the best troops, gear and tactics I can. If you want to use troops that can't fight and die constantly that's your prerogative. If you want to ram troops into each other mindlessly and wipe the sweat of your brow when you see the casualties and pretend it made it a challenge go ahead. I can also destroy massive parties with 0 troops. I can wipe out an entire garrison myself.
That's how the game is and it's been this way for 7 months now.

Most of the people do not enjoy playing in this way.
Right.... like most people didn't enjoy playing with Swadian Knights and Rhodak Sharpshooters in warband. Good thing you know all the people, I can only go by what people post on the internet about it over and over.

I play on max difficulty settings and I use the best troops, gear and tactics I can. If you want to use troops that can't fight and die constantly that's your prerogative. If you want to ram troops into each other mindlessly and wipe the sweat of your brow when you see the casualties and pretend it made it a challenge go ahead. I can also destroy massive parties with 0 troops. I can wipe out an entire garrison myself.

Right.... like most people didn't enjoy playing with Swadian Knights and Rhodak Sharpshooters in warband. Good thing you know all the people, I can only go by what people post on the internet about it over and over.
I use my WB strategy which is archers on front infantry on the back and cav on the left flank and when the enemy infantry gets close to my archers I charge the infantry and the charge my cav it works pretty well I'd say

Nearby AI groups automatically join the battle. That's basically the same as being a player and moving toward the battle to join it. The only practical difference is range.

Yes, I thought of that well. The player has the luxury of moving greater distances to join battles though.

Yes, the player has for sure and edge against the AI in this game and I am not even talking about brain. By design the player have tons of advanges and some of them are unnecessary like being able to create 4 parties while AI clans are able to create just 3.

Yeah, the game by design favors the player and using the brain is completely another dimension on top of it.

By the way, how do you know AI clans can create 3 parties? An AI clan can have around 8-9 members if I remember correctly. But the player can of course get past these numbers with companions, siblings etc.

Yeah, the game by design favors the player and using the brain is completely another dimension on top of it.

By the way, how do you know AI clans can create 3 parties? An AI clan can have around 8-9 members if I remember correctly. But the player can of course get past these numbers with companions, siblings etc.

Go to create an army and look at AI parties available. I think you can sort by clan to make it easier. No single clan will have more than three.

edit: One issue is that Aserai has two clans with the same banner (Qild and someone else) so it can look like they have more than three parties.

Go to create an army and look at AI parties available. I think you can sort by clan to make it easier. No single clan will have more than three.

edit: One issue is that Aserai has two clans with the same banner (Qild and someone else) so it can look like they have more than three parties.

Appreciated, I hadn't tried it. The same screen can also be used for tracking the current lords of a clan. Capturing stronger ones and releasing the weaker replacement lords can be a way to play, but currently player is already very strong so these little strategies are not much of an importance considering the big picture.

You can play in th way you want, we just do no need to read this useless information about you whipping the AI easily in every thread, like if we could get useful information from these posts.

Someone has created this thread to discuss about how the player gets unfair advantages over the AI due to some game designs and it has anything to do with you whiping entire enemy armies abusing some broken mechanics that you also defend when someone suggests to nerf.

Can you stop time now in battle ? Did they really passed it and got the request thru....damn this is more worse then i thought if so

No he means that the world map stops when you enter battle
ah ...well then yeah maybe and it has crossed my mind to...but then on the other hand the AI dont have irl stuff that they have to tend to as they miss pushing the paus button xD Even with it you do stupid mistakes at times as you miss seeing them or didnt take acount for the speed... especially with low scout skill

Back
Top Bottom