How will Bannerlord compare to Kingdom Come?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, without naming either, one looks like just another overambitious kickstarter POS that will never live up to it's hype (or budget)

And the other is a fresh entry in an already successful series of games that looks like it will improve and build upon everything that made it's predecessors good while also adding new features.

Kingdome Come will be better, mainly because it will actually release whereas **** knows what's going on with Bannerlord...

So technically even if Kingdom Come it trash it wins by default

We’ve all seen Kingdom Come and maybe even played it. Lets be honest, its not that special. It’ll likely be a fun game, I want to get it but I am not expecting too much from it. Its no Warband or Witcher 3. Its not going to be some great leap for gaming. Now Bannerlord on the other hand, we are expecting a lot from and thats probably why it hasn’t come out yet.

Btw someone said no spears in Kingdom Come, is that true, thought I saw one in a trailer

Also, why is Henry so gads damned ugly? His parents looked okay but they gave Henry down syndrome.

Swargy said:
Well, without naming either, one looks like just another overambitious kickstarter POS that will never live up to it's hype (or budget)

And the other is a fresh entry in an already successful series of games that looks like it will improve and build upon everything that made it's predecessors good while also adding new features.
This. I don't really understand what all the fuss is about this game. Combat? Mordhau will do it better, not to mention War of the Roses and even our M&B tried this attack direction thing before. Odds are it won't really be realistic and more importantly not fun, from what I've seen in the trailers. The story? Generic Eric.

The only thing that gets me going from this game is the supposed historical accuracy, devs say the places and people in the game exist; and they've even made the UI to be really medieval-inspired, including maps. This, like everything else, isn't really original but it's rare to go through this length in pursuit of accuracy, so yeah, it's interesting for that. But I can't say I understand the hype. RPGs get away with so much overused **** nowadays.

Bannerlord probably wins because it is the only one kind of game of its genre ie Control and army in a sandbox realm and take over the worlds.
Where as Kingdom Come is another kind of game we have all seen before which is a single player roaming a vast land rpg ie skyrim or witcher.

One thing kingdom Come does have over Bannerlord is Communication to their community. As Taleworlds comes up with excuses and saying the same thing as "we are just polishing up the game" as they have now said 2 years in a row and this year maybe its 3rd year saying polishing up.

BTW next week blog is a interview as we know. Week after is going to most likely be on the final faction the Empire. Then the last week of jan will probs be another interview which no one really care about. We also will probably not get any videos of the game as well tillPC gamers Weekend only if they're attending it otherwise its is a long wait till E3 or Gamescon

OKAM was far from perfect but their melee combat was very fluid and intuitive. It’s the best I have experienced. Kingdom Come’s is annoying and not very satisfying.

Personally, I'm very excited about Kingdom Come. I love story based RPG's and I love medieval settings. I'm a fan of the designer Daniel Vavra as well. He makes games that are quite realistic with a good story (like Mafia, he was the designer on that). Kingdom Come looks like it will no different from that perspective and is looking good overall in my opinion.

But in saying all that, the excitement I have for Bannerlord is on another level to Kingdom Come or any other game that I've ever come across.

I only had to watch some gameplay videos of Kingdom Come to see how shaky this game is on a technical level. I bet it will crash at launch for many people...

Kingdom Come's  combat, for all its supposed accuracy, is going to end  up even less realistic than warband's. They're taking a combat style meant for unarmored, 1v1 combat and  applying it to battles featuring 30 armored combatants. They've shown gameplay footage of these battles, and they look and play like **** because  of this. The ai  pairs up, doing 30 1v1 duels. Then as  soon as the first guy falls, one of the duels turns into a 2v1 and it just snowballs from there.
And because of the  armor, the 1v1s  are going to be boring, since your blows will just bounce off half the time.
And then the story will also be boring, because apparently that's  more "realistic" too. Farm boy's family dies,  so he goes off to fight in war, becomes  hero? Never heard that one before :roll:
The funny thing  is, it isn't actually a bad combat system. They just need to apply it to a setting where it actually works, like medieval street gangs, or medieval pirates. Ironically, both of those would make more interesting stories  too.

Back
Top Bottom