How to understand bow arrow stats?

Users who are viewing this thread

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
I'm trying to create a special quest-reward bow.
I know how to create new items, but am confused on what the stats mean.
In Morgh, I see:
Accuracy
Speed (higher than shot speed except for crossbows)
Shot Speed
For the arrows, I see:
Weapon_length

Which of these is the range? I would guess weapon, length, but that would mean that all the bows have the same range.
Which of the speeds is the reload speed?
What does the other speed represent?
Thank you for any help.

gdwitt said:
I'm trying to create a special quest-reward bow.
I know how to create new items, but am confused on what the stats mean.
In Morgh, I see:
Accuracy
Speed (higher than shot speed except for crossbows)
Shot Speed
For the arrows, I see:
Weapon_length

Which of these is the range? I would guess weapon, length, but that would mean that all the bows have the same range.
Which of the speeds is the reload speed?
What does the other speed represent?
Thank you for any help.

I think shot speed is the reloading speed.  I don't know about range and have often wondered how that was determined.  It could be a function of the troops' power draw.

- Accuracy modifies the accuracy of the weapon. Still influenced by weapon prof, but means a bow with 0 accuracy versus one with 100 will be different, regardless of prof (don't think the difference is that big, not sure, at least especially with higher profs).
- Shot speed/shoot_speed modifies the speed of the fired projectile. Reduce or increase to change distance. High shot speed will mean the projectile has less drop and so goes further. Wouldn't have it too high, otherwise it'll be like shooting a gun.
- Speed/spd_rtng (of the bow) modifies the draw/reload speeds. Hence crossbows have around 40 in native whilst short bow close to 100.
- Weapon length of the bow doesn't do anything afaik.
- As for arrow length, I'm not entirely certain but if I recall correctly it just modifies how deep the arrow goes into the target (so bolts for example don't go all the way in on impact). So it should relate to the length of the model, iirc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is all the case.

N0body said:
- Accuracy modifies the accuracy of the weapon. Still influenced by weapon prof, but means a bow with 0 accuracy versus one with 100 will be different, regardless of prof (don't think the difference is that big, not sure, at least especially with higher profs).
- Shot speed/shoot_speed modifies the speed of the fired projectile. Reduce or increase to change distance. High shot speed will mean the projectile has less drop and so goes further. Wouldn't have it too high, otherwise it'll be like shooting a gun.
- Speed/spd_rtng (of the bow) modifies the draw/reload speeds. Hence crossbows have around 40 in native whilst short bow close to 100.
- Weapon length of the bow doesn't do anything afaik.
- As for arrow length, I'm not entirely certain but if I recall correctly it just modifies how deep the arrow goes into the target (so bolts for example don't go all the way in on impact). So it should relate to the length of the model, iirc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is all the case.

Also, if shoot_speed is too high, there is a chance that it will go through the target at close range for some reason. Have seen it in some zombie mod. So, you have to be careful with including firearms with high shoot_speed in the mod.

Back
Top Bottom