How to make a player start in a town?

Users who are viewing this thread

In the town, as in in the townscene? That SHOULD be possible, though I haven't the foggiest idea how. Rosha did something similar in his Wedding Dance mod.

Indeed in the town scene. Seen some other mods did this like the old mods, back then Storymod/A medieval adventure. Don't know if It's the same for newer versions of Mount and Blade though.

You simply use (start_encounter, <town_id>) or (assign, "$auto_enter_town", <town_id>)
But It was opened town menu...
For example, salt mine and Zendar permit you to auto-enter.
You have to add new town and some source code.

Following is a sample source code. (I didn't test it.)
Code:
# in module_scripts.py
# add it to the end of  "script_game_start"
  (assign, "$auto_enter_town", "p_new_town"), # you have to define "p_new_town" in module_parties.py

# Add it to the end of module_game_menus.py
  (
    "new_town",mnf_auto_enter,
    "You enter the new town.",
    "none",
    [],
    [
      ("enter",[],"Enter.",[(set_jump_mission,"mt_town_center"),(jump_to_scene,"scn_new_town"), #You have to define "scn_new_town" in module_scenes.py
      (change_screen_mission)]),
      ("leave",[],"Leave.",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),
    ]
  ),

I tried it and it didn't work out for me, not surprised... I was wondering If you can try it and see if it works for you, in those instructions, if you can that'll be sweet. I just wanted to see if it was just the code that doesn't work or it's me not doing it right, thanks.

I am sorry, I forgot code that you have to add.

If you added new town, add following in "script_game_event_party_encounter" of module_scripts.py
Code:
# search the line and add code.
         (else_try),
           (eq, "$g_encountered_party", "p_camp_bandits"),
           (jump_to_menu, "mnu_camp"),
         # add script begin
         (else_try),
           (eq, "$g_encountered_party", "p_new_town"),
           (jump_to_menu, "mnu_new_town"),
         # add script end
         (else_try),
           (jump_to_menu, "mnu_simple_encounter"),
         (try_end),

This flag, lifted by yours truly from header_game_menus, might be helpful....

mnf_auto_enter            = 0x00000010 #Automatically enter the town with the first menu option.

Can you make a new script based on the script "enter_court" to make player appear in town center? (towns have their slot for town center scene).

Then call this script in place of random placing near the training ground.

Why don't you make the "choose_skill" menu ("Become an adventurer and ride to Calradia") lead you not to the map, but to a menu, which is something like this:
Code:
("auto_enter_town", mnf_disable_all_keys, "You shouldn't be reading this", "none", 
[(set_jump_mission, "mt_town_center"),
(jump_to_scene, "scn_scene_name_here"), # put your scene's name here
(change_screen_mission)],[]),
Wouldn't that work?

Back
Top Bottom