How to load edited main map?

Users who are viewing this thread

The old method used to be copying main_map and its contents into your map folders sceneobj and edit whatever you needed in the xscenes, now we have an editor and saving it produces its own folder, when i drop it into my mods sceneobj folder it just crashes though, only sometimes its load but with map bugs, do i have to name that folder main_map as well or does it have to be (whatever you named the scn folder) ?

Solution
You need to load the main_map scene from the Sandbox module into the scene editor. From its file menu use save scene as to save it into your module's SceneObj folder. If you leave it named main_map it will override the Sandbox version or you can name it something else and rename it later once you're happy with your editing.
You need to load the main_map scene from the Sandbox module into the scene editor. From its file menu use save scene as to save it into your module's SceneObj folder. If you leave it named main_map it will override the Sandbox version or you can name it something else and rename it later once you're happy with your editing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution

i tried that, it resulted in a crash (for that matter i tried these things: placing a new town of course setting the xml for it too > crash, copy and pasted a town for testing placed it somewhere and renamed it, also setting it in xml > crash, just terraforming placing a few random trees > crash)

Upvote 0
i tried that, it resulted in a crash (for that matter i tried these things: placing a new town of course setting the xml for it too > crash, copy and pasted a town for testing placed it somewhere and renamed it, also setting it in xml > crash, just terraforming placing a few random trees > crash)
I've had occasional editor crashes from heavy processor loads and I have a hi-spec pc. IMO you should forget the minimum pc specs published by Taleworlds for playing the game, using the editor is different. IMO it requires more memory and possibly processing power.

Upvote 0
I've had occasional editor crashes from heavy processor loads and I have a hi-spec pc. IMO you should forget the minimum pc specs published by Taleworlds for playing the game, using the editor is different. IMO it requires more memory and possibly processing power.

no, i mean that happens when you load the map in game, the editor works fine, it crashes on campaign start i submitted a bug report because im pretty sure that this is a bug, that even a very lightly edited campaign map causes a crash (in this case a tree)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom