SP Tutorial Module System How to increase party sizes for lords and players.

Users who are viewing this thread

karving47 said:
Hi.

I have one problem.
I have done all that i have to do but ingame nothings change.

Im new winth moding so i could do something bad so ......
I need some help .

One question ... this Increase is for Native only ???
Work that for another mods ?

Hello. I've only tested this on Native, so I don't know if it will work on other mods. If you don't see any immediate changes, wait a game day or so and look at the Lord size (sometimes it takes them awhile to get troops) or just look at your Party size (go to your party window and it should say it at the top. The bottom number is your maximum amount).

I hope this has helped.

Okay, first off, thanks for the tutorial. It was very helpful as someone who is brand new to modding. I do have one quick question though that I hope you can help me with. When I change the settings for the player lord, namely the ones related to charisma and leadership, where do I go to change the text corresponding with those skills when you highlight them in the character menu? The change works perfectly as far as the actual party size increase goes, but it bugs me because the leadership skills still says "5" in the description when you highlight it on the character screen.

I tried going through most of the module_* files and searching for the first few words of the leadership text hoping to find it and change it within, but I can't seem to find it. As I'm very new to this, I'm not really sure where else to look for that type of thing so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Notajoo said:
Okay, first off, thanks for the tutorial. It was very helpful as someone who is brand new to modding. I do have one quick question though that I hope you can help me with. When I change the settings for the player lord, namely the ones related to charisma and leadership, where do I go to change the text corresponding with those skills when you highlight them in the character menu? The change works perfectly as far as the actual party size increase goes, but it bugs me because the leadership skills still says "5" in the description when you highlight it on the character screen.

I tried going through most of the module_* files and searching for the first few words of the leadership text hoping to find it and change it within, but I can't seem to find it. As I'm very new to this, I'm not really sure where else to look for that type of thing so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you're talking about by the leadership skill on the character screen, but I will try to answer that to the best of my abilities. It sounds to me that it is showing you your, or another Lord's, leadership skill, not how the leadership skill affects the party. 5 is a common leadership skill shared by Lords, so I think it is just telling you the skill they have.

However if that is not the case, look in module_strings for the exact statement on the Character Screen. If you don't see it there, check module_presentations or module_scripts next.

Hoped that helped.

Followed this tut. very nice and thank you for making it....

but...

is there a way to reduce the morale penalty for the size of the army also?

Ok so I have some basic knowledge of the scripts of the game and stuff , but one thing I cant get to understand yet.... There is that new mod L'aigle and I noticed that lords begin with armies of around 400-800 but as soon as they get defeated , most of them (ones without towns or who are not kings..) cant get to restore back to the starting numbers so they either stay in towns with like 80troops and cant get to gather more even after 2/3 weeks time... any ideas why that is so ? (I have edited Ai lors max party size , amount of troops recruited in towns and villages , money earned from fiefs .... and still they cant recruit more ) any ideas why is that so ?

I implemented the script Duh shared that Caba'drin made, and the mod compiled fine, no errors or anything.

However, I'm wondering if the bit that increases party size limit for the player based on castles, being a lord, etc, needs an actual trigger to show, since in my test run, the information in Camp Report doesn't show those values, only the default ones of Base size, Leadership, Charisma and Renown.

So basically, do I need to be a lord or king in order to have those values appear? Doesn't seem like I should..

EDIT: Found the problem... was exporting to the wrong folder. Whoopsy.  :oops:
EDIT 2: The current code gives you a Marshall bonus for the player kingdom, regardless if the player kingdom actually exists in the form of a faction on the map. Input this:
Code:
(gt, "$players_kingdom", 0),
into the area with the [INPUT] tag:
Code:
       (try_begin),
	  [INPUT]
          (faction_slot_eq, "$players_kingdom", slot_faction_marshall, ":troop_no"), #bonus for marshall
          (val_add, ":limit", 20),
          (assign, reg7, 20), #For size report
        (else_try),
          (assign, reg7, 0), #For size report
        (try_end), 

So it should look like this:

Code:
       (try_begin),
          (faction_slot_eq, "$players_kingdom", slot_faction_marshall, ":troop_no"), #bonus for marshall
        (else_try),
        (try_end), 

I saw how to make towns, right. It needs villages and i want castles. They say "use it the same to villages" but its way to complicated to me. With all the economics-y stuff. Id love to see a link to a post when its explained.

Bumbing
i noticed this little code as well in there:

#each (charisma level) gives 1 to limit     
        (val_add, ":limit", ":charisma"),

added this code from ("party_get_ideal_size",

Code:
  # INPUT: arg1 = none
  # OUTPUT: reg0 = companion_limit
  ("game_get_party_companion_limit",
    [
      (assign, ":troop_no", "trp_player"),

(assign, ":limit", 30),
      (store_skill_level, ":skill", "skl_leadership", ":troop_no"),
      (store_attribute_level, ":charisma", ":troop_no", ca_charisma),
      (val_mul, ":skill", 5),
      (val_add, ":limit", ":skill"),

(troop_get_slot, ":troop_renown", ":troop_no", slot_troop_renown),
      (store_div, ":renown_bonus", ":troop_renown", 25),
      (val_add, ":limit", ":renown_bonus"),

#each (charisma level) gives 1 to limit       

(try_begin),
          (faction_slot_eq, "$players_kingdom", slot_faction_leader, ":troop_no"), #bonus for king
          (val_add, ":limit", 100),
          (assign, reg6, 100), #For size report
       (else_try),
          (assign, reg6, 0), #For size report
       (try_end),

(try_begin),
	      (gt, "$players_kingdom", 0), #updated by DruDru the Magniscisiscent
        (else_try),
        (try_end),   

(assign, ":fief_count", 0),
        (assign, ":pre_limit", ":limit"),
        (try_for_range, ":cur_center", centers_begin, centers_end),
          (party_slot_eq, ":cur_center", slot_town_lord, ":troop_no"),
          (val_add, ":fief_count", 1),    
          (party_slot_eq, ":cur_center", slot_party_type, spt_castle), #This will do what this loop did previously, giving a 20 troop boost for each castle owned
        (try_end), 
        (store_sub, ":pre_limit", ":limit", ":pre_limit"),
        (assign, reg8, ":pre_limit"), #For size report, castles
        (try_begin),      
           (gt, ":fief_count", 0),
           (val_add, ":limit", 5), #bonus for holding at least one fief and therefore being nobility
           (assign, reg9, 5), #For size report
         (else_try),
          (assign, reg9, 0), #For size report
        (try_end),     		

(assign, reg0, ":limit"),
      (set_trigger_result, reg0),
  ]),

Back
Top Bottom