how to hire vassal after obtaining your own kingdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

lomo

Recruit
ive been coercing/persuade other vassals but its quite pricey and it doesn't work all the time, are there any way to get them for free?

And I'll say it again, I haven't tried to persuade my enemy's clans to join my kingdom, that means I haven't tried to persuade clans that I'm at war with.

But yeah, only times I've tried to persuade someone into my kingdom, I was at peace with their faction.

And I'll say it again, I haven't tried to persuade my enemy's clans to join my kingdom, that means I haven't tried to persuade clans that I'm at war with.

But yeah, only times I've tried to persuade someone into my kingdom, I was at peace with their faction.
are there a specific range of positive relation to bring them over? or its a mixed of variation like relation+charm?

It's definitely a relation+charm thing, the persuasion system has a bit of rng in it and you're screwed if you mess it up the first time, I don't think it ever resets to where you could ask them a second time, atleast the ones I've failed to bring over to my kingdom, never gave me the chance to talk them over afterwards.

I feel there should be an option for the player to allow their companions, particularly those of noble backgrounds, to form their own clans but it should cost like 200 influence and you should have 10-20 relations with that companion.

Unless from a distinguished noble family, they will generally start off as a level 1 clan in your kingdom with one member but eventually level up the clan, recruit their own companions, marry and have kids, ect, especially if given many fiefs for income.

Not sure if I want that same mechanic for AI clans though, might need to design another one. The AI Kings could be able to do something similar but currently no AI clans have any companions to grow their clans at all. They are all lords with parties on the field or governors, no caravan leaders, or even companions to heal or fight in the clan leader's party.

Last edited:
It would be lovely aswell to be able to actually gift land to a companion, or make one of your companions into a vassal inside your kingdom, gift a fief and let them build up their parties to support you.

Back
Top Bottom