How to fix my modding tool camera from clipping to early?

Users who are viewing this thread

SpoonSlayer

Recruit
Was working on a scene when I accidently moved my laptop and pressed something. Now my mod tool camera clips into terrain anytime I get close to terrain. Before I would have to physically go through the terrain to clip but now if I get close it starts to clip. I've tested on other maps to see if it happens and it doesn't so I must have changed a setting specifically on that scene editor.

Solution
Close, but it should be the Near and Far planes. Far is the distance at which things are no longer rendered as they are too far away, and near will be the near clipping plane, with things nearer than that being culled from the screen.

FoV is the range, in degrees, the camera lense captures horizontally.
I believe that is your field of view. FOV. On the bottom bar there are a bunch of settings such as camera speed. I believe I had this issue as when I was getting close to see if things were lined up they were clipping away.

a69f8a1fc0cf42397562df6e7b4d3058.png

Upvote 0
Close, but it should be the Near and Far planes. Far is the distance at which things are no longer rendered as they are too far away, and near will be the near clipping plane, with things nearer than that being culled from the screen.

FoV is the range, in degrees, the camera lense captures horizontally.

Upvote 0
Solution
I fiddled around with those settings and got it better but I still have minor clipping issues. Thanks its not as bad now. Around the same time it started happening, I also noticed that my shadow was casting a square outline. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom