How to destroy factions?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think they need to lose more money when defeated after loosing all fiefs (I mean where is their money? must be on them, why we let them keep it?) and not have any money cheats or oversites or "features" that let them keep functioning as they currently do. No hiring mercs, no auto-spawn units, make them actually hit rock bottom and have to build their way back up fighting bandits, doing tournament, solving issues and such to get funds to to rebuild their party and only at a certain amount can they return to hostilities, and then if they get defeated and lose all thier money, rock bottom again.

Sort of like surrendering too. No one ever surrenders, except like Looters/Brigands. So why is it there if everyone just fights to the death? Should be some benefit to it.
Ideally I'd like to see it work something like this:

When the player surrenders to a looter/bandit, the looter/bandit has a 50% chance of taking their belongings as normal but letting them and their troops go free, instead of taking them prisoner.

When the player surrenders to a noble, that noble checks their relations with the player (if any). They take that number, and for every positive Mercy or Honesty trait the player or noble has, they add 10 (for a max possible of +40). For every negative Mercy or Honesty trait either of you has, they subtract 10 (max possible of -40). Then, a random number is rolled between 0-50 and added to the result.

If the result is -100 or below, they execute you. (Very rare case, requiring you both to have very low relations/negative traits, and the RNG not rolling in your favour).

If the result is between -100 and 49, they take the player and their troops prisoner and take some of their property as normal.

If the result is 50 or greater, they let the player go with their property, but take their troops prisoner.

If the result is 100 or greater, they let the player go with no penalty. However, if the player makes any attack on their faction in the next 5 days, you incur an Honor penalty and lose relations with that noble.

Example 1: The player is Cruel and Dishonest. They surrender to a lord who is Merciful and Honest, and has -100 relations with them. The RNG rolls 10. -100, +20, -20, +10 = -90. Player is taken prisoner.

Example 2: The player has no positive traits. They surrender to a lord who is Cruel and Dishonest, and has -100 relations with them. The RNG rolls 16. -100, -20, +16 = -104. Player is executed.

Example 3: The player is Cruel and Dishonest. They surrender to a lord who is Cruel and Dishonest, but has 60 relations with them. The RNG rolls 17. 50, -40, +17 = 37. Player is taken prisoner.

Example 3: The player is Merciful and Honest. They surrender to a lord who has no traits and no relations with them. The RNG rolls 31. 0 +20 +31 = 51. Player is set free, but their troops and goods are taken.

Example 4: The player is Cruel and Dishonest. They surrender to a lord who has no traits and 100 relations with them. The RNG rolls 6. 100 -20 +6 = 86. Player is set free, but their troops and goods are taken.

Example 5: The player has no traits. They surrender to a lord who is Merciful and Honest, and has 70 relations with them. The RNG rolls 13. 70 +20 +13 = 103. The player is allowed to leave with their troops and goods untouched, as long as they don't attack in the next 5 days.

This check could also be added to the outcome of battles the player has lost, with -20 subtracted for the player deciding to fight instead of just surrender. Lords with very good relations with you would let you go after losing a battle instead of taking you prisoner! But on the other hand, lords who hate your guts could give you the chop in playthroughs with deaths enabled.

Last edited:
Mmm this makes me nervous the Khuzaits will return. I managed to wipe them out relatively early on, ridding the world (mostly) of the plague that is horse archers. (Western Empire went under too surprisingly fast)

uggkw9m.png

IDK I'm a bit conflicted on Factions being destroyed. On one hand it's nice that it's at least possible for Factions to rise from the ashes, so to speak. But it seems like they mostly become a nuisance (though that's also true to life). I sort of understand the whole paying them tribute to basically leave you alone, though not exactly sure where they get the money for mercenaries.

Executions should be a bit more acceptable given the medieval setting. You can raid, devastate cities, kill hundreds of commoners and still be regarded as an Honest/Good upstanding person somehow. But kill one Noble and then, and only then, do you become worse then Pol Pot. Killing a disposed King really shouldn't make you public enemy #1 with everyone. I get losing reputation with any of their friends (though I have 0 clue how Lords become Friends/Enemies, especially Friends in opposing factions). Like I've said Cruel trait Nobles should execute their enemies. That should go for the player too. You piss off another Clan and get to -100 Reputation with them your Clan Members should be at risk of the chopping block. *I believe it is possible for Lords to execute their enemies, but I've yet to see it happen.

Actually executing Lords should make you the friend of their enemies. The mechanic in it's current inception is so useless it may as well not be there. It's only useful if you literally plan on executing every single Noble in the game.

Sort of like surrendering too. No one ever surrenders, except like Looters/Brigands. So why is it there if everyone just fights to the death? Should be some benefit to it - like your troops are returned to your fief but you get taken prisoner for ransom or vice versa you give up all your troops/items to escape.Think this is what pains me most about the game. So many potentially good mechanics that will likely remain half-baked. The trait system has the potential to add a lot of dynamism to the game, but I don't think it's ever going to get where it should be.
I am now playing as Sturgia in a war against the Khuzaits and I fully understand your pain. The Khuzaits will probably return for you when a rebellion arises but will probably have a town or two, it won't be a full blown revolution. But it's annoying as hell.

You can't destroy the main factions (except the Empires will merge), so just hold their leader as your guest.
You can destroy every faction in the game, if the last hero of the faction dies, the faction is destroyed and remember, you can hold prisoner forever in your party and as long they are a prisoner, they can not marry.

You can destroy every faction in the game, if the last hero of the faction dies, the faction is destroyed and remember, you can hold prisoner forever in your party and as long they are a prisoner, they can not marry.
That is two different statements, and I can tell you've not actually tried with the main factions.

Back
Top Bottom