How to deal with Trolls in MAB......boy in question Ibn Ageel

Users who are viewing this thread

WashedUpPoet

Recruit
I came across an unfortunately common enough issue yesterday where we had an individual claiming
I want to rape girls
using the word ****** and just being a plan ass. I was unlucky to get matched with him in another game right after which the same behavior continued.

Low and behold I'm playing today and who Pops up, none other that Ibn Ageel . The same guy from the day before. He badgered me for a bit when he realised I was in the match with him, until I informed him that I had screen shot all the messages form the previous day. Not before he'd mentioned doing the the above to children next.

There is currently NO REPORT SYSTEM in place on mount and blade, so i'm taking it upon myself to highlight anyone who think its alright to talk the way this little Bollox did.

Just played a game and there and there was a lad called 'Niggerkiller' WTF is going on here.

Last edited:
did that today waiting on a reply thanks for that btw

Regardless, if I see somebody openly branding that in there title or saying saying such language in the chat to hell with the rules, i'll do everything in my power to make their experience playing the game as ****ty as possible.
Ban me /kick me whatever I don't want to be playing a game where is openly accepted to call yourself niggerkiller.

did that today waiting on a reply thanks for that btw

Regardless, if I see somebody openly branding that in there title or saying saying such language in the chat to hell with the rules, i'll do everything in my power to make their experience playing the game as ****ty as possible.
Ban me /kick me whatever I don't want to be playing a game where is openly accepted to call yourself niggerkiller.

If you do that you will stoop at their level and allow them to present themselves as victims. Their kind of behavior is clearly not tolerated by TW (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/code-of-conduct.391532/), they are just not exactly up to speed for what concerns enforcing the rules in MP.

You should never fight toxic behavior with more toxic behavior.

There is a mute function in game... If you are offended by trolls then it is your problem. Spears and menvalions may break my bones but words will never hurt me?

Cuss words and anything that is in the chat is not the worst thing, there's mute, there's reporting and such, but ultimately it doesen't ruin the gameplay.
But having no team hit in Siege, and have a teammate troll by standing with a horse on a very important spot, while you can't do anything to move him, that's the worst thing.
Team damage across ALL gamemodes is the solution.

Cuss words and anything that is in the chat is not the worst thing, there's mute, there's reporting and such, but ultimately it doesen't ruin the gameplay.
But having no team hit in Siege, and have a teammate troll by standing with a horse on a very important spot, while you can't do anything to move him, that's the worst thing.
Team damage across ALL gamemodes is the solution.

Teamdamage can and will also be used for trolling. Despite that I am pro Teamdamage for all game modes.

I guess in the end, there is no solution to trolls.
Muting doesn't improve their behaviour, auto-kick on team damage like in CS:GO isn't working well for melee games and reporting players is inconvinient and only works after the game.
The best thing would be an active moderator but I don't think we will get these for public games.

Oh but there is a solution - in the server options there is a possibility for a popular setup of damage to ally to 50% and damage to self 100%. Meaning when you hit a teammate for 40 damage, you damage him for 20, and damage yourself for 40. So trollers almos always get themselves killed before they manage to kill an ally, if on same/similar health.

This is the only way team damage should be implemented in siege tbf. For other modes, other setups. So the MP can be made playable, but again, whats M&B without that dose of in-game trolling :fruity:

Last edited:
Oh but there is a solution - in the server option there is a possibility for a popular setup of damage to ally to 50% and damage to self 100%. Meaning when you hit an oponent for 40 damage, you damage him for 20, and damage yourself for 40.

This is the only way team damage should be in siege tbf. For other modes, other setups.
But then they can block entrances again and even kill players that are trying to move them.

In the end of you really want to troll, nobody can stop you.
Vote-kick could be an option. But in my experience in didn't work well in crowded servers in Warband and it will also be abused.

I think we have to find the solution that is the fastest while also beeing least abusable.

We could statt a poll for the most in favor mechanic.

Edit: I will start one right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom