Resolved How to change save location

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all,

I hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying the game so far. I have a question: Is there a way to change the save game location? I originally installed the game on my HDD, but there are so many loading screens that I moved it over to my SSD. However, the save files are still on my HDD. If I move them to my SSD, will they be detected? Is there a way to change where the game saves its save files to? I reload a lot, so I want the game to load as fast as possible, which is going to be from the SSD. Thank you!

-Don

I don't see a normal way to change the save location.

If your are an advanced user you can try a symbolic link for the save folder.
1. Backup your saves (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves)
2. Create a new Save Folder on your SSD somewhere else and copy the saves in that folder
3. Open the CMD
4. Type: mklink /J "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves" "X:\New\Save\Folder\On\SSD"
That creates a special shortcut to that new folder.

You can read about that here: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom