How to change a monster(or human) skin texture

Users who are viewing this thread

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
I’ve no problem creating new monsters (that’s what the game file that contains everything from horses to humans is).
However I want to create a new humanoid race, the one thing I can’t find in the game files is any reference on how to change the skin textures, not just a colour change but a full skin texture change.
I actually already added new skin colours, It’s just the texture, for example the final look would have rotting gashes in the skin instead of smooth human skin or a full body tattoo, just an example.

It’s a long shot but I’m hoping someone knows how I would do this, maybe someone who has modded warband and knows where I might find such an option?
I don’t even know if the game refers to them as textures, I’m just going on experience from other games I’ve modded.
Or are the textures only possible to change through editing the models themselves in an editor?

Last edited:
im also looking for where the "human" key in the monsters table links to the actual models, as you say for horses its in items but for the life of me i cant find where human monsters are keyed to

be sure if i find it ill post it for the good of modamity

just joined the forum - good to see some activity.

Upvote 0
I’ve no problem creating new monsters (that’s what the game file that contains everything from horses to humans is).
However I want to create a new humanoid race, the one thing I can’t find in the game files is any reference on how to change the skin textures, not just a colour change but a full skin texture change.
I actually already added new skin colours, It’s just the texture, for example the final look would have rotting gashes in the skin instead of smooth human skin or a full body tattoo, just an example.

It’s a long shot but I’m hoping someone knows how I would do this, maybe someone who has modded warband and knows where I might find such an option?
I don’t even know if the game refers to them as textures, I’m just going on experience from other games I’ve modded.
Or are the textures only possible to change through editing the models themselves in an editor?
The game streams textures in gtex files to optimise performance. That format is proprietary to a third party Graphine and will not be accessible to modders until TW release modding tools. Equally, we will not be able to load our textures into the Granite tilesets without modding tools.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom