how many unique items in BOWX 1.3...?

Users who are viewing this thread

juderiverman

Regular
don't remember since when, there is no more unique item dropped after a big battle.

unique items already got:

five swords: three one-hand, one one/two hand, one two-hand; (didn't find the Yitianjian and Tulongdao as discussed in other posts.)

one hammer: two-hand, blunt damage;

two polearms: one Kushanna(no shield), the other "Heavy Swadian Great Lance";

one bow: silver bow;

one firearm: pistol. (didn't find the unique musket as discussed in other posts.)

one helmet: general...

Is that all?

You won't get a unique after every battle. They are rare drops.

And yes there are more. I will count how many, but if you want a list just have a look in the source code.

EDIT: Ok I count 20 or 21... so you haven't got them all yet :wink:

rare drop?

then I must be extremely lucky in some period. then every battle over 100 enemies comes with a unique item.

until I got the heavy Swadian Lance...

Hehe yup, extremely lucky :wink:
Well, at least thats how it should be. I don't code, so it is NCrawler, Gilrain, Zathan or Branko that would know definitively I guess.

If you want to know what the missing ones are, open up the "source" folder and open "module_items.py" with notepad, and do a ctrl+f and search for unique. You will find them scattered through the list.

If you want to keep things as a nice surprise, don't go look :razz:

indeed want to keep as a surprise.

though after that extremely lucky period, there comes the barren period.

had fought 130+ .vs. 700+ Rhodok, nothing...

had fought 150+ .vs. 600+ Swadia, nothing again...

had conquered Praven, and other two castles of Swadia, nothing still...

the lucky period is when wiping out the entire Rhodok...now it is time to wipe out the entire Swadia...

by the way, Rhodok performs really bad in the field, a bit better in the siege.

Swadia is extremely hard to handle in the field, though very easy in the siege.

It really depends on your play style as to who is easy, but yes the rhodoks are generally accepted as just a bit **** :razz:
Their lack of cavalry makes them a nice respite from the pressure that any mounted force puts you under. In stark comparison the heavy horse of Swadia, with the couched lances and chargers, mean there is a high risk of death to you or your soldiers and there is little you can do about it. With the rhodoks, if you yourself are mounted, you can do a lot of the work before their very heavy infantry get to your lines.

juderiverman said:
indeed want to keep as a surprise.

though after that extremely lucky period, there comes the barren period.

had fought 130+ .vs. 700+ Rhodok, nothing...

had fought 150+ .vs. 600+ Swadia, nothing again...

had conquered Praven, and other two castles of Swadia, nothing still...

the lucky period is when wiping out the entire Rhodok...now it is time to wipe out the entire Swadia...

by the way, Rhodok performs really bad in the field, a bit better in the siege.

Swadia is extremely hard to handle in the field, though very easy in the siege.

The Rhodoks are significantly better in BoW than in native though, both gear and stats are upped. :wink:
The swadian lance is not a unique item, rather a faction specific item. Other factions and mini-factions also have their own stuff, but we haven't completed this feature. Look for more items in a forthcoming patch.

Zathan

Zathan said:
The Rhodoks are significantly better in BoW than in native though, both gear and stats are upped. :wink:
The swadian lance is not a unique item, rather a faction specific item. Other factions and mini-factions also have their own stuff, but we haven't completed this feature. Look for more items in a forthcoming patch.

Zathan

yes, already notice some faction specific and valuable items in the loot. such as the bolt of Swadia, the arrow of sea raider, the horse of eastern invader, the lance (yari) of eastern invader...

don't understand why the "better" bolt comes from Swadia, not from Rhodok, though.

PS: an unconventional approach in "enhancing" the Rhodoks could be equipping every Rhodok soldier a crossbow.

That is, the Rhodok "infantry" will equip crossbow+bolt+one-hand sword+shield; the Rhodok elite halberd infantry will equip crossbow+bolt+halberd+two-hand sword; the Rhodok archer will equip crossbow+bolt+bolt+knife.

Every Rhodok solider carries a crossbow. A certainly unique faction...^_^...

Doing so will make the "infantry" stay with the archer, make them together hard to penetrate. The enemy horsemen will be stopped by the crowded archers and "infantries" and then be "stunned" by the knife, be slain by the halberd.

just an immature thought.

Hummm... Actually, I think the Rhodoks are the toughest nation in BOWx.

Well, actually, they were the toughest until I told everybody to dismount and get in melee while I just charged them. But as a cavalry-only party, playing a Lancer/Knight hybrid (actually, my character with a semi-heavy armor and a great lance on a courser), I really had to swing the lance to get them. My regular polearm is a D.G. Yuri but it was even worst than the lance against rhodoks.

On the other hand, the Nords and the Khergits are kinda tame.

Uninstall BOWX and then Install it ... the uniques popped out as before. almost surely every battle comes with a unique...

MXDXD said:
Hummm... Actually, I think the Rhodoks are the toughest nation in BOWx.

Well, actually, they were the toughest until I told everybody to dismount and get in melee while I just charged them. But as a cavalry-only party, playing a Lancer/Knight hybrid (actually, my character with a semi-heavy armor and a great lance on a courser), I really had to swing the lance to get them. My regular polearm is a D.G. Yuri but it was even worst than the lance against rhodoks.

On the other hand, the Nords and the Khergits are kinda tame.

Lol...
what build do you use for your cavalery? using jousting lances+bow and arrows + hold the line untill charge/follow me ... always does  it for me.... Holding the line when having 30 heroes archers+ some arching rangers kills off all rhodock

Back
Top Bottom