How link new scenes in exsiting towns

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
Hello,
I did a brief search but could not find the answer.  I have a few new scenes I want to add to exsiting towns. 

I am familiar with graphics and scene editing (i.e. I know how to insert a pathway) but I do not know where in the code to call out what pathway takes you to what scene. 

Here is a rundown, I want to insert a guild base in the capitol city of Sargoth (as well as a few others).  I plan to add a door and a banner in the actual scene itself if you walk through the area, to find. 

Any easy solutions?

Thanks in advance

maduser said:
I do not know sorry.  :shock:
Can you help me with my mod problem?

Possibly, but not until you tell me what it is. 

Anybody out there know how to link a scene to another exsiting native scene.  I know it can be done, just not sure how. 

Passages (aka the portals) refer to game-menu entries. So you need to make a new entry in the respective town menu (in module_game_menu.py .... you should search for the tuple "town_center" ). There you make a new entry for you guild, and in the first condition block you have to do 2 things, first check if the visited town is the town you want that feature in, and second if its available or not atm (via a variable so you can switch the option on and off) .
After this step you can just create a new passage in the town-scene and enter the menu-number of your new entry...
The scene you want to be ported is then specified in the new town-menu you created (just look at examples in the town_center menu)

There is no way to do it for a single town-scene alone, the way passages work its always using the "main-menu" to determine which entry/scene to port to, thats why you need to specify some conditions for the menu (just take a look at other options in the town_menu and how they prevent different options to show up in the menu but available in scene)...

I hope this helps...

Abhuva said:
Passages (aka the portals) refer to game-menu entries. So you need to make a new entry in the respective town menu (in module_game_menu.py .... you should search for the tuple "town_center" ). There you make a new entry for you guild, and in the first condition block you have to do 2 things, first check if the visited town is the town you want that feature in, and second if its available or not atm (via a variable so you can switch the option on and off) .
After this step you can just create a new passage in the town-scene and enter the menu-number of your new entry...
The scene you want to be ported is then specified in the new town-menu you created (just look at examples in the town_center menu)

There is no way to do it for a single town-scene alone, the way passages work its always using the "main-menu" to determine which entry/scene to port to, thats why you need to specify some conditions for the menu (just take a look at other options in the town_menu and how they prevent different options to show up in the menu but available in scene)...

I hope this helps...

I appreciate the help but I just do not see how to link a city to a new scene.  .  There are no towns in the module_game_menu.py to shift through and I fail to see how I link a new scene, when I cannot find the exsiting scenes (i.e. tavern, merchant hall, castle keep, etc.).  If I knew this trick, I could do all sorts of cool things...

captain lust said:
Go through the module system tutorial.

It will answer these questions and give you a necesary understanding of the module system and scene editing.

I'll even link you.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56798.0.html
It fits perfectly

Okay, you got me, I will tell you the secret.
Its stupid to mess up with passages. The easiest thing is to add a character such as servant or guard, and at the end of the dialog put the trigger jump_to_scene,your_Scene.

You could also have a scene prop scripted to use jump_to_scene when the player "uses" it. Actually, this way you coould just make one door scene prop that checks what scene you are in and takes you to the appropriate Guild Hall for each town it's placed in.

Back
Top Bottom