How harlaus became king

Users who are viewing this thread

rapier17 said:
Klaas said:
I completly agree.
And don't we all love Harlaus?  His lazyness, his epicness?  I love this stereotype of a big fat lazy king!

Even though I love playing as Rhodoks, Harlaus is my favourite King. After crushing armies on their way to besiege Suno, it's nice to be able to trot on down to Praven to be welcomed with a big feast & tournament.

Point Proven.

Actually it's pretty f*cking simple, we all love partying, therefore we all love parties.  And it's epic for getting da Warband chicks on your love list!
It just is hard to convince them to leave everything behind and follow you as you start your own kingdom...

BalanceofTerror said:
Ya, everyone goes for Swadia in my SP sessions. Swadia would conquer Calradia every game if King Harlaus the Large wouldn't call you to a feast because Dhirim was just captured. POOR SWADIA! :cry:

Ah my first post, brings back memories.

To revise it, King Harlaus became king not because he had put any effort into it, he is stupid. He has intelligent and powerful lords that have the most powerful armies in western Calradia.

Ludial said:
well, Harlaus managed to get the crown by convincing the other nobles that a woman isn't fit as a ruler (based on her gender and not ability/reputation). That's clearly sexual discrimination.

Well, yeah, that or just a guy wanting power no matter who stands in his way.. anyway, the story in (native) M&B is hardly deep or detailed (which is perfect, leaves room to make up your own!), but I really don't see any reason to make real-life comparisons based on it. Besides, if you hate King Feast so much, join any one of his competitors and crush the bastard  :twisted:

He became king because he exiled the heir, convinced a lot of the lords to side with him, and ate the rest. :mrgreen:

Klaas said:
I completly agree.
And don't we all love Harlaus?  His lazyness, his epicness?  I love this stereotype of a big fat lazy king!

I must admit, he really livens up my dungeon!  Sultan Hakim is morose by comparison!

Captured Joe said:
Klaas said:
I completly agree.
Back in the original M&B he's still always the first on the ladder in a siege... :sad:
The original M&B was different, he wasn't totally drunk all the time back then.

JosieJ said:
Klaas said:
I completly agree.

I must admit, he really livens up my dungeon!  Sultan Hakim is morose by comparison!

Hakim is a pro king too.  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :cool:

So I am the only player ever who had king Harlaus charging down 600 Sarranids with 180 army along with my 80 men army and soundly crush their faces?

Because seriously he'd doing epicly well in my game. A few feast here and there but mostly he is out on patrol and leading most assaults.

bobthehero said:
So I am the only player ever who had king Harlaus charging down 600 Sarranids with 180 army along with my 80 men army and soundly crush their faces?

Because seriously he'd doing epicly well in my game. A few feast here and there but mostly he is out on patrol and leading most assaults.

I guess you're quite lonely...

Well I took the whole of Khergit land with just him and his army at my side,I  was given all of the khergit land as a fief so I broke off and went by my self,made peace with Swadia and then Vaeger went to war with me...

So I say King Haralus must die by the Nordhok/Horndok kingdom!

King Harlaus? Oh man, you oughta see him in my game! The Kingdom of Vaegirs has already crushed the Nords with me as a vassal riding alongside them, and as Marshal, I'm leading their forces into the heart of Swadia! We've captured all but one city of theirs, only because those damned Rhodoks randomly started attacking us!

Back
Top Bottom