How do you get your helmet to stop disappearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Drake

Sergeant at Arms
I've been wondering how you get your helmet to stopping disappearing when you go to first person view?
Before you ask, yes I've done several searches and found nothing that helps.

I ended up creating new semi-transparent textures and displaying them over the screen using presentations.

See this post for more info
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,70031.msg1824665.html#msg1824665

I was going through mods some months ago and I came across one that in the screen shots thread showed a view from first person but you could see the inside of the visor of a Nordic helm. This wasn't shadowing, it was the helm it's self. That is what I'm looking for.

EDIT: Found the screen shot again.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53324.msg1480839.html#msg1480839

That was just me in Edit Mode going "inside" the character's head. Furthermore, it's highly unrealistic. If I were to actually wear that helmet, my vision would only be hindered by the peripherals and I most certainly would not be able to see the back of the nose guard etc.

It is still possible to do though. You could take a screenshot the way I did and make it a presentation or you could bind the helmet to an armor mesh. Thing is, that'd be inconceivable amounts of work for so little payoff. (Unless you attached the helmet to only one or two different armor meshes.)

Ruthven said:
That was just me in Edit Mode going "inside" the character's head. Furthermore, it's highly unrealistic. If I were to actually wear that helmet, my vision would only be hindered by the peripherals and I most certainly would not be able to see the back of the nose guard etc.

It is still possible to do though. You could take a screenshot the way I did and make it a presentation or you could bind the helmet to an armor mesh. Thing is, that'd be inconceivable amounts of work for so little payoff. (Unless you attached the helmet to only one or two different armor meshes.)
Ah, bugger. :/

Back
Top Bottom