How do I create a notification/message when a large bandit party spawns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Good evening!

Quick question, I have created a large bandit party army that will spawn once every 30 days with an included bandit hero. However, I want there to be a small message that will notify the player when the party spawns on the map. I was wondering on how I would go about this, I imagine it has something to do with creating a trigger which will check if the party has spawned or not.

I have limited knowledge on how triggers function or how to achieve this outcome so any help would be appreciated. :smile:

ShadowArkitecht said:
Good evening!

Quick question, I have created a large bandit party army that will spawn once every 30 days with an included bandit hero. However, I want there to be a small message that will notify the player when the party spawns on the map. I was wondering on how I would go about this, I imagine it has something to do with creating a trigger which will check if the party has spawned or not.

I have limited knowledge on how triggers function or how to achieve this outcome so any help would be appreciated. :smile:

You can go down to the message box route or just display a side-log entry, if you'd like it more subtle. Either way, you just use the adequate opcode in the spawning trigger block, just at the end. Or variable chaining, you know, a trigger which sets to truth a variable which after a certain delay when certain conditions are met launches the user message and sets it to false again.

Code:
http://dev.getconquest.net/swysdk/src/0afc7b76209d4fddbebd538669282d7972f6bedb/Header/header_operations.py?at=default#cl-1449

Nice reference. Courtesy of Lav.

Thankyou for the quick reply! I'm opting just for the small message in the corner, however even reading the article you posted I am still struggling to understand (you wouldn't believe I'm doing a programming course at university  :???:) basically I need baby steps lol.

The usual notification logs are filled by (display_message, "@whatever"), The message boxes (tutorial_box, dialog_box) are shown at the game start, pausing the game for important events and allowing you to display longer paragraphs.

Back
Top Bottom