How are you playing your game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Speaking of Sword Sisters: I don't know what the buzz about them is all about when a chipped axe/bent arrow to the head by a lowly forest bandit is enough to KO/kill one. That lack of helmets REALLY hurts, and the fragile coursers don't help their causes at all.

On the other hand, the male counterpart - Merc Cav - survive incredibly well with an armored warhorse and a good cap. In my latest game, my Badass Mercenary Cavalry Squad Of Three has survived pretty much everything the Nords, Rhodoks and Khergits threw at them for over 100 days now. Let's see how long they will last.

^ I'd have done the same, TBH. Dumping 70 Swadian Knights on a certain broke Count Clais and watch him go on a rampage is always cool.  :twisted:

Argeus the Paladin said:
Speaking of Sword Sisters: I don't know what the buzz about them is all about when a chipped axe/bent arrow to the head by a lowly forest bandit is enough to KO/kill one. That lack of helmets REALLY hurts, and the fragile coursers don't help their causes at all.

What buzz about sword sisters? There is none because I just want to play with woman warriors in my army only. As far as I'm concerned, they can wear bra & underwear into battle if I could find enough woman prisoners to liberate. The only downside of this is the AI doesn't have any variable adjusted for stupidity of men seeing women half naked.

When all men sees half naked women on the battlefield- no more range weapons allowed, no helmets, no swords, only blunt weapon......  :lol:

I made a post two years ago about troop persistence when that was still truly a thing. It used to be that if you recruited one Peasant Woman and she had white skin and red hair, she would maintain her complexion and hair all the way from Peasant Woman to Sword Sister. As she progresses through certain tiers her weapon selection changes, but her gear as a Camp Defender definitely affects her gear as a Sword Sister (helmet, crossbow etc).

I believe equipment/loadouts are still persistent even though the appearance of troops is now randomised in each battle. Fight a few battles, look at your sword sisters or any other troop with a large variation in possible equipment. You will notice that though their skin/hair may change - if you have 2 with helmets, 3 with crossbows and 2 with neither in one battle, the same will be true in the next battle. This may only be stored in short term memory so if you exit Warband and enter again it might change your units' equipment.

Sure Camp Defenders don't have helmets but they do at least have crossbows which means they duck behind cover whenever they reload.

Playing as a samurai with the strange set.  I also use a war bow for a daikyu and a long awlpike for a yari.  Combine that with a swift horse, lordly lamellar gauntlets, and great stats, and it's a lot of fun.  Few things are as satisfying as running a long awlpike through a man's face at full speed on a courser and deftly dodging his allies' counterattack.

i only play a couple of days, but so far tournaments are my bread and butter income. I always bet max every round and if i win thats a nice pile of mone.  CurrentlyiI got like 30-40 men, partly merc, partly village recruits, mainly to keep bandits away on my journeys to the nearest games... but if there is a good opportunity for a field battle with nice loot i take that aswell. So far didnt get involved too much with factions and relations.. maybe ill get to that later, after im done with the arena. I really like the idea of staying independent and only taking on missions for a higher cause... id like to build a bigger army and roam the lands... i dont take prisoners (so far)... and so far whenever i got defeated in field i deleted the char and started over.. its just that stupid hardcore mentality i cant get over. But maybe ill change that if i really get deep into the game with a char...

I recently added some Swadian knights to my army, which would basically mean my army now fits the "knight-errant" stock character trope to a T.

We started as mercenaries to King Ragnar. When we received our first village and we were not our crusading for the marshal, we were there, defending it against any hostile passersby. As our lands grow we focus more on finding and destroying enemy forces, wherever the reports lead us. We spare defected Nord lords and imprison everyone else, but accept any offer for their release. As a roleplayer my sense of morals likes to get in the way too; if there are two enemy forces to choose from, I'll always pursue the one holding more Nord/farmer prisoners. I always drive bandits away from villages, even if they're not mine. And now that I have good income from my fiefs, I've stopped raiding entirely.

Currently I play with various challenges.  I tried for a fast game, but it was too dependent on pure luck, and the gameplay was boring to me, so I gave up.  Now I play with one point in Leadership and I try to see if I can do well enough with a smaller army.  Morale is a constant problem, but I manage so far.  Once I leave Khergits I plan on taking over Calradia without any lords.  My character build is not optimized for power, but for fun, hence horse archery, high riding skill and powerstrike, but no shield or points in ironflesh.  I get one-shotted at tournaments sometimes...  As far as troops go, I prefer Slavers if I can get them, then mercenaries.  To keep my army going I tend to leave bandits alone until they capture some prisoners.  Generally speaking, I use only cavalry.

DerpandMeow said:
I like to use 2 handed weapons and really my only source of income is from tournaments
Yeah, once you start using a two-handed morningstar that can crush through blocks and one-hit-KO most lords on horseback, you'll never want to use anything else.

My character is male and he is called Taric Osang, Taric is one of the most well-known boyars, he has expanded the mighty Vaegir empire by conquering the Khergits, Sarrinids and part of Swadia.

When he is fighting on a field he uses his Sword of War while on a horse and slaughters many, especially archers, when he is trying to siege a castle or town he takes out his crossbow and send bolts into the heads of enemy archers.

When he captures people he usually sets them free, unless they are too powerful, such as the kings.

Vaegirs generally never use these weapons. The SoW is a Swadian weapon and maybe, MAYBE Nordic, while the xbow is definitely Swadian and Rhodok hardware. A hardcore Vaegir RPer would limit himself to bardiches/GB/war axes for two handers and war/nomad bows for long range. Then again, I'm well known for being quite pedantic when it comes to lore accuracy. :razz:

Thanks for your explanation.  I think there are maybe two people worldwide who would have gotten the "joke".  I tend to play with the same weapons, no matter what faction I've joined, so the rationale was lost on me. :lol:

Argeus the Paladin said:
Vaegirs generally never use these weapons. The SoW is a Swadian weapon and maybe, MAYBE Nordic, while the xbow is definitely Swadian and Rhodok hardware. A hardcore Vaegir RPer would limit himself to bardiches/GB/war axes for two handers and war/nomad bows for long range. Then again, I'm well known for being quite pedantic when it comes to lore accuracy. :razz:

I roleplay as a Vaegir lord and generally limit myself to what you wrote. However I will add the lance and steppe charger to the list. Nordic swords too since Vaegir infantry seem to be grown fond of using them.

I like being out of place equipmentwise.  Well mostly I like being the lone mounted troop in my party as a horse archer, this means that all other horses on the battelfield are enemy targets.  It also eliminates the cases where an ally horsemen gets in my line of fire at the last second.

I'm thinking of playing a campaign, or at least part of one, as a super-messenger.  I'd have maxed-out Riding skill, a Champion Courser, one mounted companion with 10 Spotting, Tracking, and Pathfinding, and another mounted companion with all medical skills.  Otherwise, I'd have nobody else in my party.  That way, I could zoom across the map, easily spotting lords to whom I'm supposed to deliver messages, as well as spotting bandits in time to easily escape.  I'd also max out Horse Archery and maybe Weapon Master so that I could defend myself against lots of bandits, and Looting, so I could earn enough fighting bandits to afford my equipment.

Back
Top Bottom