horns to loud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi downloaded the mod played for 30 mins great mod visuals are fantastic.
But horns on the battles just spoil it for me, i do not mind the horns but there just so loud, so i have to turn the volume down completely when fighting so miss a lot of over great sounds,
is it possible on the subversion to decrease the volume please?

I do not want to keep doing that, i have looked at the audio files horns and can clearly see they are to loud using audicity i can decrease the volume but on the subversion it is flagged as red when i overwrite the file.

Can the mod team lower the volume please or does everyone like the over volume horns?

TheNewKing said:
I do not want to keep doing that, i have looked at the audio files horns and can clearly see they are to loud using audicity i can decrease the volume but on the subversion it is flagged as red when i overwrite the file.
Yes that means that the files are diffrent then the ones in the repository. So this is expected
TheNewKing said:
Can the mod team lower the volume please or does everyone like the over volume horns?
I can, but I won't. I like over volume horns.

Ah, come on, those horns give the great feeling. I want those pesky Moors/Englishmen/French/Germans/Italians/other (imma mercenary, playing with NPC-only party) to know I'm coming :grin:

I admit I thought the same on occasion. And especially since there is no obvious link of horn sounds to things happening on the battlefield. They appear rather randomly and then it gets awkward.

I understand that in  historic reality the horns should be earsplitting.  Unfortunately in present day reality I have neighbors :smile: They are really loud, Dr. Thomas.  I do have to adjust volume when they sound.  Sometimes after a beer or two I am a bit slow and forget they are coming... and I feel regret that I disturbed my room mates.

But, hey now that I know I can blame it your design choices...I feel a ton better.  Keep up the brilliant work :smile:

I remember the first time i played i was like WTF was that! But i learned to love it so much. As someone said when you are charging with your Calvary at the enemy shield wall and those horns going off with your men cheering, THAT is what makes me love the game. Thats the closest you'll get to realism in this game. I dont have an issue with the horns. Try to just turn down your in game volume a tad. Helped me alot

If you care about neighbors or roomates then use headset, as long as your game sound isn't super loud I don't think anyone would care about horn sound once a while from speakers.
Unless you got newborn, then get a headset and use it at volumes that you can hear its cries.

Back
Top Bottom