HOLY JESUS modding tools beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Also after closing 100+ error messages I get non stop shader errors then the tools don't launch. Just the game itself. -_-
Almost 2 months after bragging about releasing the tools back in August they launch them broken. :facepalm:

Also after closing 100+ error messages I get non stop shader errors then the tools don't launch. Just the game itself. -_-
Almost 2 months after bragging about releasing the tools back in August they launch them broken. :facepalm:
Note modding tools are main branch 1.5.2 only (I note you'd posted in 1.5.3 beta thread, not sure if you've reverted).

For me no error actually. And yes, modding tools always work with the stable version of the game. Not beta

Aka let some other guy fix my game for free
Indeed....and the general hype for the modding tools reminds me of a scene in a Michael Moore Doc.
In a car factory workers were shown cheering for the last truck produced in that factory coming out of the line.
One of the workers, quietly pointed out that there was not much to cheer, as the last truck meant they were all jobless.
Different context here, but same feeling...

Indeed....and the general hype for the modding tools reminds me of a scene in a Michael Moore Doc.
In a car factory workers were shown cheering for the last truck produced in that factory coming out of the line.
One of the workers, quietly pointed out that there was not much to cheer, as the last truck meant they were all jobless.
Different context here, but same feeling...
The S.I.M....s sim....ulation version is also a good game and coming out next year on EA :wink: jk ofc but was thinking about what another guy said before about an comment and was an perfect opportunity. Sorry for my dry jokes as i´m an forum bot from google like the one playing Go programmed acting as an human. Not my fault unfortunately *error\defrag C:\>win1.0/McAfeerally2/virusscanner/coinfarm.exe*

Last edited:
We have to thank Dr.Shinobi's cult and his followers' work.
Well we have to thank the name of the god which cant be mentioned :wink: im just an humble servant along with my brothers and sisters and they did all that work on their own showing that they really appreciate Tale Worlds more or less

Last edited:
Strange..... you'd think one would fix their game before uploading mod tools. Not only does it take away from development, but anyone using mods is useless for bug reporting. Dont get me wrong, im excited for mods.... i just think the chance of ever getting a complete game jist decreased 10 fold.

Strange..... you'd think one would fix their game before uploading mod tools. Not only does it take away from development, but anyone using mods is useless for bug reporting. Dont get me wrong, im excited for mods.... i just think the chance of ever getting a complete game jist decreased 10 fold.
yeah ive been thinking the same but i have no doubt that they know what they are doing + they must please the mob some how since some cant see other developments happening by not playing the game anyways :wink: Im pretty sure TW knows what they are doing even if it can be a bumpy ride figuring certain stuff out during the process

If we get good mods, who cares about the base game?

yeah ive been thinking the same but i have no doubt that they know what they are doing + they must please the mob some how since some cant see other developments happening by not playing the game anyways :wink: Im pretty sure TW knows what they are doing even if it can be a bumpy ride figuring certain stuff out during the process
I agree with that. However, what is best for the stake holder is rarely whats best for the customer. By definition- A business exist to enrich its stakeholders, not to give customers the best product. I imagine myself as a stakeholder who invested 10 years ago in this game.... im pretty mad by now demanding a finished product and return on my investment. Considering the state the game was released.... im under the impression it was released to generate funds for daily opperations because investors arent willing to support it 10 years later. Why else release a un finshed game if capital isnt a issue?

If we get good mods, who cares about the base game?
The issue is there are many things a modder cant fix. Anything hard coded is compiled by TaleWorlds. Decompiling that and releasing it to the public is highly illegal. Developers really bend over backwards to make game moddable. You can only mod what they have designed for you to mod. Sure people will come up with some interesting a d unique ideas.... but there is a limit.

I agree with that. However, what is best for the stake holder is rarely whats best for the customer. By definition- A business exist to enrich its stakeholders, not to give customers the best product. I imagine myself as a stakeholder who invested 10 years ago in this game.... im pretty mad by now demanding a finished product and return on my investment. Considering the state the game was released.... im under the impression it was released to generate funds for daily opperations because investors arent willing to support it 10 years later. Why else release a un finshed game if capital isnt a issue?
well sure they needed some small founds after all that time investing in to the new engine but ive heard from other sources that they did not so its just speculations. Personally i think its both and they wanted to give it out earlier to also please the fans and get some feedback in the process. I mean only by the release to me as an old M&B fan even if i was worried before release that this sequel was going to be another bad sequel ala Dragon age 2 type of (even if it wasnt that bad but still fast paced arcade sega drives)....To me TW shown that they where really on the right track and knew who they where and what made their product really special. So with that said they where on the right track at the start then the masses screwed it up a little including themselves by wanting this and that but hey thats opinions to and it takes time to get to an good balance spots as we can see in all games figuring it out...

Last edited:
well sure they needed some small founds after all that time investing in to the engine but ive heard from other sources that they did not so its just speculations. Personally i think its both and they wanted to give it out earlier to also please the fans and get some feedback in the process. I mean only by the release to me as an old W&B fan even if i was worried that this sequel was going to be another bad sequel ala Dragon age 2 type of even if it wasnt that bad but still....To me TW shown that they where really on the right track and knew who they where and what made their product special. So with that said they where on the right track then the masses screwed it a little by wanting this and that but hey thats opinions to and it takes time to get to good balance spots as we can see in all games
I can agree on that. Im certainly 100% pessamisticly speculating. 2020 has been a bad year....

I can agree on that. Im certainly 100% pessamisticly speculating. 2020 has been a bad year....
well gaming has been in an unhealthy area i think for some time now to but its only because of greed as the business has grown way over Hollywoods since they stopped producing physical products as we dont really own the products today(which was good for reducing pollution though with all the dvds laying around), quantity over quality and gamers went ham on cosmetics, ****ty dlcs and lootboxes but thats another legal, ethics and moral subject of its own ^^ Someone said to me once in another forum long time ago...Hey now when they got a lot of money the games gonna be more quality. I replied that real art arnt made from money, it might be produced by it and work as an carrot but it sure cant create something that most artists have been achieving without it. Passion is the true nature to art not money

Last edited:
Releasing the tools now also gives modders time to build their mods so they're ready before the eventual final launch. The EA release probably stole most of the thunder from the eventual full release, but if they can show off a nice library of impressive mods at the same time, that's going make for a lot more hype on launch day.

Back
Top Bottom