History of Bannerlord: The Battle of Pendraic

Users who are viewing this thread

Most of contents are maintaining as origin as possible, but some of them are made up for telling a more logical storyline or personal preference (Such as Dragon Banner, the original Dragon banner is ugly, so I repleaced with Eagle flag style to make it looks cool).

Lovely! This is something nice for the immersion into this game, greatly done.

I must've missed the part where Eastern Romans and Seljuks Turks fought together then? Who the hell thinks that? Closest examples I can think of are again Carrhae, Cannae, Battle of the Teutoberg Forest etc.
The battle of Manzikert is bit similar than whole campaign process. The destination is aimed in a specific region, the betyal of mercenary (Vlandian=Cuman), the army split, get ambushed in hill and never get message from them, archer been crushed, calvary cover, the camp been assault, general take troop and leave the battle (Ducas= Arenicos). The defeat of Manzikert symbolize the rise of Byzantine in Komnenos dynasty stopped.

The battle of Carrhae or Cannae are not good comparision, because there isn't any similarity except major defeat. After Carrhae and Cannae, the Roman are still able to fight back.

I reject your rejection of the Dragon Banner.

The battle of Manzikert is bit similar than whole campaign process. The destination is aimed in a specific region, the betyal of mercenary (Vlandian=Cuman), the army split, get ambushed in hill and never get message from them, archer been crushed, calvary cover, the camp been assault, general take troop and leave the battle (Ducas= Arenicos).

The battle of Carrhae or Cannae are not good comparision, because there isn't any similarity except major defeat. After Carrhae and Cannae, the Roman are still able to fight back.

It's not a 1:1 parallel. The inspiration of the battle of Pendraic can have come from Mantzikert, but the idea of the battle as a big event in which everyone took part and resonates within the world and the characters to this day is an old fantasy/historical fiction trope. You find it in most fantasy settings (think the Battle of the Trident and others from Robert's Rebellion in Game of Thrones, or the Battle of the Last Alliance in the Lord of the Rings (granted, not everyone was there, but all of the elven characters were), etc.

So I would not jump to conclusions on this one. The armies of the Empire are plenty capable of fighting back the Battanians and Sturgians a decade after this, while the Byzantine Empire lost a good third of its territory to the Turks between Mantzikert and the reign of Nikephoros Botaniates

The defeat of Manzikert symbolize the rise of Byzantine in Komnenos dynasty stopped.

Don't you mean that Mantzikert marked the rise of the Komnenians, instead of the opposite?

Last edited:
Great video.
I have a question about Vlandia. You get three version. One is the king that was on the hill and talks about victory but great casualties for little gain. Another is the crossbow commander that married the baroness. Another one is the strange one: Ingalther. He speak that if the king would allow him to launch a full scale attack Vlandia would conquer all western empire....but wasn't vlandia already beaten in battle because Penton Neretzes cataphracts?
Ingalther just speak about crushing Aserai infantry but never mentions both cataphracts and khuzait horse archer, it is very strange.
Other nobles argues if heroes were truly heroes or if the battle was worth but the version about how was fought is quite similar, for example Olek and Godun is nearly identical.
Btw Ingalther was just a squire but he was 36 years old?

Back
Top Bottom