Hiring Units Hahahahaha. What Have You Done TaleWorlds?

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree it is very confusing as you pretty much don't know what you're getting until you get the troops. I for one was surprised to find that the "marksmen" I hired in a Polish camp turned out to be mounted pistoliers, which though isn't bad at all, was absolutely not what I expected. I'd say they should show the troops you're planning to hire on the selection screen.

2 Sknight
A rifleman is not someone who own a rifle but someone who know how to use it, in military thinking )

Tal said:
2 Sknight
A rifleman is not someone who own a rifle but someone who know how to use it, in military thinking )

In point of fact, in military parlance, a Rifleman is someone equipped with a rifle and trained in skirmishing and small unit tactics. Or it was originally. Once all infantry were armed with rifles the distinction became a largely ceremonial one.

Tal said:
2 Sknight

um....  if a Rifleman didn't own a rifle then so much for being a rifleman! and being a Merc at that!

and If a General was issued Rifleman and they weren't issued Rifles but instead Bayonets then id be a pissed off general  :eek:

original said:
This seems like either a naming bug, or an equipment bug.
Sounds that way to me, too.

Ser Pounce-A-Lot said:
I agree it is very confusing as you pretty much don't know what you're getting until you get the troops. I for one was surprised to find that the "marksmen" I hired in a Polish camp turned out to be mounted pistoliers, which though isn't bad at all, was absolutely not what I expected. I'd say they should show the troops you're planning to hire on the selection screen.
I ran into the same thing with the Polish marksmen. I actually sort of like them as they are, but it'd be nice to have an infantry musketman line as well. I've still not played very far into WFaS yet, but I can imagine using the Polish "marksman" mercs as either dragoons, or light cavalry/pistoleers. You'll still want a force of regular musketmen though, which leaves you with either tavern mercs or using a different camp (unless you've managed to join a faction and get those soldiers). The Mercenary Musketeers and Mercenary Marksmen from taverns both seem to be pretty decent, but finding them in large numbers may be problematic.

Foojo said:
Mitchmon said:
yea ummm if you learned why and stopped making stuiped comments it would be nice because its not taleworlds fault its yours for not knowning that and you should be saying sorry I didn't know that to get the items I want I have to customize them.

That makes sense to me.
Not to me. "Your a player and it is your fault for not knowing things beforehand."  Sounds a bit illogical unless the game has shown you how to do this before.

It's one thing to support Taleworlds products. I too support Taleworlds by buying their 3rd game.
It's another to excuse obvious mistakes that they make. Such as marksmen having melee weapons and no ranged weapons.

This is clearly a mistake on their part when buying marksmen troops give you infantry. Now if you the player choose to be strange by purposely giving your marksmen troops halberds and infantry muskets, that's your choice.

But when buying marksmen troops, clearly they should have some form of ranged weapons. Otherwise they shouldn't be called marksmen.

In Multiplayer I found that sometimes (Only noticed it once tbh) Marksman and Infantry are wrongly labeled. Meaning the Marksman has crappy guns, good melee and good armour and the Inf has good guns, crappy armour and weapons. So I guess the same bug is in Single player.

The quality of this game is really under par! (Yes I know I only payed 15 euro's but I have seen games with better quality and QA testing then this game) The response to these problems is even worse. You would think that things like not being able to upgrade your units would be fixed within 24 hours of release. Multiplayer is fun though!

Lets just hope some modder is gonna mod this mod. I like the gameplay with guns, changes the dynamic of the fights. You can not just rush you enemy blindly as it seems everyone has a gun. Accuracy seems somewhat to good on the guns though. 

Hey, since we are talkin about problems with fire and sword i might bring up the problem im having!

i've played for some hours now and finaly got a big army of mercenarys, And then i decided to go capture som castles and guess what i found out...My men can't climb the end of the ladder....So they just stand on top of the ladder, shooting and getting shot at by all enemies on the wall. So basicly i have to conquer a castle of 170+ units almost all by myself(which succeded ones actually)

Anyone having same problem? And how do i fix it?

p.s It also makes it reaaal easy to defend a castle since the enemies can't climb the ladders, so all you have to do is stay on the walls with a bunch of marksmen and shoot em all down! even if its 400 vs 50 you can win but it takes time to kill of that many :razz:

Mapan said:
Hey, since we are talkin about problems with fire and sword i might bring up the problem im having!

i've played for some hours now and finaly got a big army of mercenarys, And then i decided to go capture som castles and guess what i found out...My men can't climb the end of the ladder....So they just stand on top of the ladder, shooting and getting shot at by all enemies on the wall. So basicly i have to conquer a castle of 170+ units almost all by myself(which succeded ones actually)

p.s It also makes it reaaal easy to defend a castle since the enemies can't climb the ladders, so all you have to do is stay on the walls with a bunch of marksmen and shoot em all down! even if its 400 vs 50 you can win but it takes time to kill of that many :razz:

I have observed the same bug many many times, along with many other ones, I don't know of a fix sorry.

Ruben Thomas said:
Mapan said:

I have observed the same bug many many times, along with many other ones, I don't know of a fix sorry.

But i've read on the forum that its ok if you can blow up the walls but it says i understimated my skills and failed to set the explosives

What skill do i need to set explosives? is it engineering or do i need higher agility?

jeager said:
You do realise in game theres a unit called 'marksmen spearman' ....

But without something to hit the enemy from range with, they would just be spearman :razz:

Redus said:
jeager said:
You do realise in game theres a unit called 'marksmen spearman' ....

But without something to hit the enemy from range with, they would just be spearman :razz:

The camps train them how to use a rifle but dont provide them with a rifle ... thats your job so they get a spear for some offensive capability

Audustum said:
Snarky comments about equipping mercenaries aside, wouldn't it make more sense for infantrymen to start with spears, and marksmen to start with pistols instead of the other way around?

I agree why have the choice of calvery infatry and gun men if they dont start with anything they claim to have.

why not just say hire merc and then have them come with nothing at all migth as well be that way with way it is now.

Back
Top Bottom