Hireing new troops in cities and forts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Starkad10

Recruit
Hey.
I have a problem when I try to hire new troops from the commander in a town or fort... I pay for them and simply get none.
I am currently fighting as a swedish noble and have Tver as my fief. I have all the commanders, and I can pay for troops, but none appear in my rooster, in my party or the garrison.
Does it take some time for them to arrive or am I doing something wrong?

Starkad10 said:
Hey.
I have a problem when I try to hire new troops from the commander in a town or fort... I pay for them and simply get none.
I am currently fighting as a swedish noble and have Tver as my fief. I have all the commanders, and I can pay for troops, but none appear in my rooster, in my party or the garrison.
Does it take some time for them to arrive or am I doing something wrong?
Wait 4 days and pick them up from that commander.
Commander tells you that he accepts your order and it takes him a few days to find troops for you.

It tells you (xx thalers xx days)
Your troops will be ready in xx days.
Something like that. I heard that there was/is a mistranslation in English version and instead of days there is some weird word.

Ceriy said:
It tells you (xx thalers xx days)
Your troops will be ready in xx days.
Something like that. I heard that there was/is a mistranslation in English version and instead of days there is some weird word.
That's right, it shows coppers instead of days.

Ceriy said:
Someone screwed up good on translating. Even Google translates it right.
Post that in http://bugs.taleworlds.com/

yes please do.  I'm going through the translation stuff right now. 

Also and on topic - I really want the player to be able to give the recruiter a budget and that person hire the troops that garrison the town.  I don't like having to mess with hiring 2-3 guys at a time.  That really annoys me, when I'm fighting 200 man battles against 2 kingdoms at a time.

nox said:
Ceriy said:
Someone screwed up good on translating. Even Google translates it right.
Post that in http://bugs.taleworlds.com/

yes please do.  I'm going through the translation stuff right now. 

Also and on topic - I really want the player to be able to give the recruiter a budget and that person hire the troops that garrison the town.  I don't like having to mess with hiring 2-3 guys at a time.  That really annoys me, when I'm fighting 200 man battles against 2 kingdoms at a time.

That would be great

I only have the vaguest idea how this would work yet.  Maybe you would tell them to spend 200/500/1000/2000 thalers week and they would recruit up to that level of cost?  The more you spend, the faster the recruitment is and the larger the garrison becomes.

I also want some kind of place in towns for the player to recruit newbs for training up themselves.  I'm very fond of training up my own troops.

maybe even put in an option of how many troops you want to recruit along with how much you want to spend a week on recruiting them.  That way you could say i want to spend a 1000 a week till i have 100 soilders ready and you wouldnt have to worry about getting caught up in battles and coming back a couple (in game) months later and having 500 troops garrisoned when you only needed 100.

u mean like saying, here, take this 1000 thaler and keep on recruiting pikemen and then every 4 days i think you lose the cost of 5 pikemen and they are put in your garrison. This doesn't speed up the recruitment but it does allow you to give order and just go travel around without having to worry about ordering troops

No, he means...

1. Gives 1k thaler to a commander
2. Order commander to hire 100 thaler of troops per hiring period.

So the commander would hire 100 thaler of troops for 10 sets. This would be even better if the cost of recruiting increased with more troops... so 100 thaler per week could get you 10 troops, 200 thaler could get your 15 troops, 400 thaler could get you 20 troops, etc.

That way there is a REASON to stretch out your recruitment.

wannyboy said:
u mean like saying, here, take this 1000 thaler and keep on recruiting pikemen and then every 4 days i think you lose the cost of 5 pikemen and they are put in your garrison. This doesn't speed up the recruitment but it does allow you to give order and just go travel around without having to worry about ordering troops

I mean -

you set the garrison commander's weekly budget at 500

every week :

500 - current garrison = money left over

hire units up to max available units and max available money left over from garrison.

So, let's say that you budget 500 thaler a week and had max 20 units a week available to recruit, each unit costs 10 to recruit and 2 in costs  it would look like :

week1: 0 garrison, 0 cost, = 500 thaler remaining 20 units hired @ 200 thaler
week2: 20 garrison. 40 cost = 460 thaler remaining, 20 units hired @ 200 thaler
week3: 40 garrison, 80 cost = 420 thaler remaining, 20 units hired @ 200 thaler
the following weeks look like :
wk    garr  cst  rem  hire  hcst  total
10 178 356 144 14 140 496
11 192 384 116 11 110 494
12 203 406 94 9 90 496
13 212 424 76 7 70 494
14 219 438 62 6 60 498
15 225 450 50 5 50 500

So as you can see, you approach a maintained garrison size of 225, spending 500 a week.  the closer you are to your ideal garrison size, the slower you recruit because you have less to spend on men.

anyhow that's the best i can explain it while heading out the door to dinner =)

Back
Top Bottom