Help.. the feast which never ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Vahkn

Regular
So about a month ago I decided to hold a feast as nothing else was happening in the realm. Seemed like a good idea at the time. First time I've ever held one in vanilla or any mod.

Well, approx a month later the damn feast is still going strong, my town is still full of lords, and I've gained so much positive relations and gold from the daily tournaments that it's starting to feel like an exploit now.

Is there any way to make it stop? If relevant, I'm playing as an empire lord, we aren't at war with anyone, i'm the marshall. How do I get all of these freeloaders to stop drinking my beer and go home?

That happens with other mods. I think the idea is that the feast supplies will eventually run down, without resupply, but that's not clear.

Sabaron said:
Start up a campaign, that will end the feast. You can then end the campaign immediately after.

Thank you sir, that ended it! :smile:

As a side note, I've never bothered with marriages or feasts before this game but I estimate I earned around 250k from this feast which seems fairly outrageous. Around 150k of that came from the prisoners the lords dumped in my dungeon when they arrived. In case anyone else has also always avoided them, a feast at the end of a military campaign appears to effectively be a "give me all your prisoners" dialogue option...

Indeed, that actually makes you able to farm honor/renown/relations with the noldor if you are a empire/sarleon lord. Marriages are actually useful, with a female char you get to free garrison units in your husband's place and as a male you can make your wife minister thus saving a companion for your party/being a lord withouth having the "prominent citizen" minister that don't give you some options. I used to not botter with it too but with PoP now I do it always.

Standard AI behaviour - any AI lord will drop all the prisoners he carries in the first walled location he visits. So you can command any lord following your order to go to a certain town/castle and he´ll leave his prisoners there.

The feast doesn't end because of a bug that went unfixed for years. But recently I found an easy bugfix. Now the game will conclude feasts in your kingdom after a few days, just like it does for feasts in other kingdoms.

The code is posted here:
so if you can access the module system, then you can easily apply the fix yourself (since no lines of code are changed, only new ones are inserted).

I also posted info on how to edit the compiled txt files, but that's only for Native.

Back
Top Bottom