Help... serious problem with skills

Users who are viewing this thread

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Basically, folks... I want to remove Power Draw, Power Throw, Power Strike and Shield from my mod.

Module System documentation says that if I want to make a Skill inactive, then you put in the sf_inactive tuple.

When I make them inactive, then they're gone, and no longer get used for tests.

But... Ironflesh and Weapon Master are still in the menu... but I can no longer upgrade them, the buttons don't do anything.

What am I doing wrong?  I want to remove all of the magical combat skills, and I don't want stuff to get screwed up, and I want the presentation to be right.  What am I doin' wrong?

OK, so I've done some more experiments... if you set the max level for a skill at 0, it *effectively* disables it, without causing major problems with the Character menu.  You can no longer upgrade it, and imported characters get it set to zero.

I will look at whether I can then hide the skills in the menu.  It's probably a order-of-items ID issue or something.  Worst come to worst, I can just label those slots, "unused" I guess.

You'll need to watch what you are doing, some weapons require certain skills to use.  You'll need to edit those too.

You'll need to watch what you are doing, some weapons require certain skills to use.  You'll need to edit those too.
Actually, if you disable the skill, the limits quit being applied, but yeah, since I have to set the max level to 0 to make the menu continue to work (and thus far it appears that you can't alter this menu, other than activating reserved skill slots), I will have to remove all the Power Draw / etc. limitations from items.  That is very easy.

Back
Top Bottom