Help! My wife wants to kill me and she needs money

Users who are viewing this thread

cnaeusflame

Recruit
So, my wife and me was riding into battles together side by side. It was fun, it was romantic. Things changed after a castle defense went nasty, and we got captured. After I was released, my first business was, of course, to free her. Only to find that she was not the same person anymore...
Now, either diplomacy mod has a bug, or the food in Grunwalder Casle prison was too bad, I dont know, but back in court instead of the usual, warm "Yes, my love." dialougue my wife greeted me like "Surrender of die." To which the only possible answer was "I will fight you to the end". While this is not an unusual dialogue between wife and husband, I sill would like to access certain "wifely" functions, which currently I cannot. More sadly, while she still is in my party, she now needs a wage (10 denars)... obviously, she became like a normal companion and is defuct as a wife...
Now, is there any way, edit, tweak or cheat that can make an ingame character your wife (again)? :???:

And that's why women should stay in the kitchen. Devs were right.  :lol: :mrgreen:

Seems like a conflict with the mod, do you have a previous save before your capture?

This happened to me before in the diplomacy mod. It was after a feast. I didn't really care to much though. lol

Sorry, i know i wont be much of help... just want to state one thing... this is exactly why i dislike modding, they arent supported and therefor this things can occur... just prooved me i was right and should stick to native game.

I hope you will get it working, but i am afraid only thing that can fix it now, is to start older save.

I play in realistic mode, so I have no previous save :sad: The only workaround I found was to divorce using cheat, then give my former wife a fief and thus remarry her, but this way she will not be able to accompany me anymore (and she is like lev 20 now, and really strong) :sad: Just divorcing and remarrying doesn't work, as she will just repeat the same dialogue as if nothing happened.

Hoood said:
Sorry, i know i wont be much of help... just want to state one thing... this is exactly why i dislike modding, they arent supported and therefor this things can occur... just prooved me i was right and should stick to native game.

I hope you will get it working, but i am afraid only thing that can fix it now, is to start older save.
you're also forgetting that mods make the game better in almost every way except for a few bugs that in most cases don't affect the gameplay or frustrate you to much. I got more frustrated with the Vanilla bugs and problems then I do with mods when I notice a bug. Plus gameplay in Vanilla is just to easy, just get like 30 swadian knights, archers and nord huscarls and you already beat the game. After that it just becomes a chore, to run around with your army of 100 men destroying enemy armies of 300.

cnaeusflame said:
I play in realistic mode, so I have no previous save :sad: The only workaround I found was to divorce using cheat, then give my former wife a fief and thus remarry her, but this way she will not be able to accompany me anymore (and she is like lev 20 now, and really strong) :sad: Just divorcing and remarrying doesn't work, as she will just repeat the same dialogue as if nothing happened.
When a bug happens to me, I do cheat to to get equal with it, since it shouldn't really happen so I would say get another wife, and cheat her to level 20. Go to her level screen and press Ctrl Z or X or something, I haven't done it in a while.

Hoood said:

You forget that native game has bugs too and mods often add completely new things like new features, units, graphics, factions, maps, characters, weapons, armor, etc. which I think completely outweigh the negatives. And it's not like all mods are full of bugs and completely unplayable. I have played mods like Floris and Brytenwalda for many hours and I don't think I ever encountered any major gamebreaking bugs. Besides mod developers are often fixing these bugs too like the official game devs. You also need to check how complete the mod is. If it's very early development then of course there are likely unfinished things and bugs. But that doesn't mean every mod has them. And because of the mod folder downloading a mod will not screw up your native game. If you don't like it you can always uninstall it and your native is not affected as long as you follow instructions.

You can't really judge it if you don't try it yourself.

I also think the problem is not the mods. They really did a good job in Diplomacy.

if it isn't too much work, you can copy the savegame file or folder somewhere else every day for back-up. That prevents surprises.

I'm playing Diplomacy and I saw that option to join my party... But I thought that it was better to leave her in the kitchen! :wink:

I have found myself in a similar situation, the solution would be to use the module system (module_dialogs.py)
For example, this dialog:
[anyone,"start", [], "Surrender or die. Make your choice", "battle_reason_stated",[]],
[anyone|plyr,"battle_reason_stated", [], "I am not afraid of you. I will fight.", "close_window",[[encounter_attack]]],

I made it a bit different to let the player have a 'normal' conversation with their wife:
[anyone,"start", [], "Yes, {playername}?", "battle_reason_stated",[]],
[anyone|plyr,"battle_reason_stated", [
(neg|troop_slot_eq, "trp_player", slot_troop_spouse, "$g_talk_troop"),
], "I am not afraid of you. I will fight.", "close_window",[[encounter_attack]]],

[anyone|plyr,"battle_reason_stated",
[
(troop_slot_eq, "trp_player", slot_troop_spouse, "$g_talk_troop"),
(eq, "$g_player_minister", "$g_talk_troop"),
],
"As you are my chief minister, I wish to speak to about affairs of state", "minister_issues",[
]],

[
],
"Let us think of a way to improve our standing in this realm", "combined_political_quests",[
(call_script, "script_get_political_quest", "$g_talk_troop"),
(assign, "$political_quest_found", reg0),
(assign, "$political_quest_target_troop", reg1),
(assign, "$political_quest_object_troop", reg2),
]],

[anyone|plyr, "battle_reason_stated",
[
(neg|check_quest_active, "qst_organize_feast"),
],
"I was thinking that perhaps we could host a feast", "spouse_organize_feast",[
]],

[anyone|plyr, "battle_reason_stated",
[
],
"Let us take inventory of our household possessions", "spouse_household_possessions",[
(change_screen_loot, "trp_household_possessions"),
]],

[
],
"We shall speak later, my wife", "close_window",[
(assign, "$g_leave_encounter", 1),
]],

I hope this helps

Last edited:
Dude just turn down the difficulty, because the problems you're encountering i.e. "Help! My wife wants to kill me and she needs money" definitely sounds like a marriage on "realistic" mode.

Back
Top Bottom