Help Building an Army

Users who are viewing this thread

Snazznasty

Recruit
I'm looking to build an army but am not sure which of the factions would be best for what I'm looking for. I want an army that's primarily melee shock troops, little ranged, all on foot, and strong clerics. Dwarves and blazing hand both seem to fit the bill, but mage golems are VERY strong shock troops and I'm not sure what new troops the vanilla factions have.
So, what troops would you use for a heavy shock troop infantry army?

well. honestly id run the mage tree for your front line and "archers". takes awhile to get the realy good golems but its soo worth it. then you might run the dwarves for flankers.

my mage runs a line of golems and a line of mages and pretty much effortlessly destroys all.(demons and blazing hand give us pause but not too much) its so much fun. p.s. i do also run afew clerics but im not sure they actually heal the golems i rarely have one die but im not sure if its them or just sheer tankiness or my mages outputing so much dam damage

and if you dont like waiting for the enemy to come to you(looking for shock troops right?) then just give the golems haste. cant think of much more terrifying.

only real drawback here is how bloody long it can take to get not just good golems but enough of them to do it right
and they are kinda expensive so this is kinda late game

My line of thinking has been to mow the enemy down from range as much as possible. In a Vanilla game I had a line of crossbows,then javelins in front of them,then my Nords with their throwing axes,and rarely did the opposing force manage to reach my lines,before they mass-routed under the fire they were taking. If I wanted to build that kind of a army,what would be the best to use? I was thinking mages for sure,and some Elfish units,but apart from that I'm not really sure..

elves would definitely do well with that line of battle. maybe dewarves to? not most of them...but those alberest units mabey, not sure tho, i havent used them much, they DO hit hard

I wonder how nobody else thought of hunting down Crazed mages for their golems. You take a  jousting lance, a fast horse (unicorn if you can, otherwise courser), you go by yourself (you need a walled fief for this obviously) if you can you take out the mage first, since he is the only ranged troop, then you just go after the stragglers, some golems will always stray from the group, you can take them down one by one at your leisure.YOu can get up to 15 golems in one go this way, and you even get a master mage as extra, then you just recruit them from the prisoners, simple.

truth1001 said:
that is a great idea. but all i ever realy run into is undead :sad:

Eventually you will get a message that a crazed mage is roaming near (place), can take a while since some NPC needs to take out the mage on the field ATM, there is always only one Crazed mage in the field but there always is one, when you see a note go there at once and take him down, if you are not averse to cheating you can just remove FOV and tp to him, otherwise you may have a bit of trouble finding him but at least you know the general location, oh and yes, they respawn almost immediately so you can pretty much harvest as many golems and master mages as you like.

Back
Top Bottom