Heavy weapon swings wound multiple opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fruits or vegetables of any kind =/= human bodies

The toughness of the outer layer of skin is irrelevant - once you pass that, the fruit/vegetable is all mushy and in noway similar to a human body. The human body on the other hand, is quite resistant "all the way through" rather than having a tough outer layer.

snowmannetje said:
Well obviously people dont know real life weapons.

for the fun of it of testing this out what u guys say about not being able to cut trough more than one person I did an experiment.

I put some hard melons wich are harder to cut than real human flesh (so Its real not cutting trough a banana or something)
on a stick, then in a circle
since i am a big fan of medival weapons I have used a large 2 hand blade and a samurai sword and a small axe

the small axe stopped dead in its tracks when i hit the melon had to pull it back for a other swing so no double hits.

the medival weapon on the other hand I swung with force since its a 2 hander and it cut trough 2 and a half melons , in the third it got stuck.

the samurai is wicked and seemingly unfair , I chopped trough all 4 melons in one heavy slashing motion.

so it is possible to cut trough people ( okay those melons dont have hard bones but seeing as bamboo is harder then bone and you can cut multiple in one hit)

but in game I would really love it , now i just get surrounded and hacked to death

Don't use melons. A melon, unlike a human body, can't absorb kinetic energy as well, once you hit it with enough force it'll break open no matter what you're swinging at it. The combination of the things that constitute human flesh isn't like that.

is it okay to use bamboo than ?

that equals bone.

oh yea I found something, Can I use some kind of gelly , they also use it in that disovery programm myth busters.

they say it equals flesh and muscle and before it get hard I could put some bamboo in it.

then id say it equals looter upper body right ?

As far as I know ballistic jelly isn't really meant to test slicing weapons and the like. It's more to show the effects of bullet impact because it serves as a reasonable approximation of the density of human tissue and you can examine the terminal effects of the bullet.

Still, I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on this.

In Mythbusters they actually use ballistic gel molded upon an actual human skeleton (often a skull) to accurately mimic a human body.

All in all - it'd be easier to just get a pig carcass or something.

snowmannetje said:
just for my own defence , the melons I use are called pumpkins ( forgot name so i said melons)
and just try slicing one with a knife , then try your skin if your brave , so whats thickker aye ?

I do agree they dont contain bones , might add those :p
You can cut a good way through a pumpkin with an Olympic sport sabre.  If you're going to do this, use a pig.  It really is the only way. 

You need something with skin about as thick as humans, the pumpkins are rigid. Human skin gives away, so some of the force is dispersed away from were you got hit.

scootar said:
You need something with skin about as thick as humans, the pumpkins are rigid. Human skin gives away, so some of the force is dispersed away from were you got hit.

Yes my friend, step any further and you would already be in physics. This is true however, this giving to the impact, severly softens the blow more than you think it would.

wow...i can't believe this post is still open...but way waste a big...just email mythbusters and be sure to watch the episode!

Night Ninja said:
As far as I know ballistic jelly isn't really meant to test slicing weapons and the like. It's more to show the effects of bullet impact because it serves as a reasonable approximation of the density of human tissue and you can examine the terminal effects of the bullet.

The fact that in Mythbusters the appendages have been known to fall off due to their own weight shows how fragile it is. You are right to say that the stuff is made for testing bullet impacts. A real person when struck with something sharp will tense up, his muscles will tense up.
It's like snapping a neck, it's easy with a deceased person (well, easier than a living one anyways) because they don't tense up their neck like a living person. Same thing with being cut, when you realize that you are being cut and are in a situation where it's life and death, you're not going to go limp.
Being struck by a bullet is different from being struck by a sword, you have no time to tense up your muscle when a bullet hits (assuming it's the first shot and you weren't previously aware), neither would straining your muscles when being impacted by a bullet stop it as much as it would a sword. This is why ballistic jelly is called ballistic. It's not meant to represent human flesh under any other conditions than being hit by bullets.

Swadius said:
Night Ninja said:

The fact that in Mythbusters the appendages have been known to fall off due to their own weight shows how fragile it is. You are right to say that the stuff is made for testing bullet impacts. A real person when struck with something sharp will tense up, his muscles will tense up.
It's like snapping a neck, it's easy with a deceased person (well, easier than a living one anyways) because they don't tense up their neck like a living person. Same thing with being cut, when you realize that you are being cut and are in a situation where it's life and death, you're not going to go limp.
Being struck by a bullet is different from being struck by a sword, you have no time to tense up your muscle when a bullet hits (assuming it's the first shot and you weren't previously aware), neither would straining your muscles when being impacted by a bullet stop it as much as it would a sword. This is why ballistic jelly is called ballistic. It's not meant to represent human flesh under any other conditions than being hit by bullets.
Cutting ballistic gel is actually worse than cutting flesh. From what I have heard from those who have tried it, the ballistic gel feels almost glue-like, and sticks to the sword in a manner that muscle would not. As for bone, bone becomes much harder very soon after it is dead, and thus becomes harder to cut. And as for tensing up muscles, the tensing up of the muscles that are being cut will have no impact whatsoever -- because severed muscles cannot tense. Only surrounding muscles, which may cause the blade to be "trapped" depending on location, might make a difference.

its stronger in that way yes...but you can whip around Ballistic gel and and it might tear, nothing really comes close to the live cells for skin (keratinocytes) Far more elastic and flexible than anything really....but the difference is your bodies ability to adapt to the blow....if ya take a side swip..your body would tilt to the one side so it impacts the blw and tenses the muscle...but your right after been cut or severed the muscle wouldn't tense, but surrounding ones would to creat that same action...either stronger or weaker...thats why the body is different..it adapts to the strike to absorb it...

Back
Top Bottom