Hatred

Users who are viewing this thread

I read the last part of your post like a wee yorkshire lass.

The edgy 16 y/o Machiavellian-quote-spouting linkin park character seems deliberate in a dumb "look at this jackass" sort of way. The developers knew exactly what they were doing in creating such a controversial title, and they probably knew what they were doing in making the PC like a parody of the type of people who legitimately defend the game.

Remember when you guys were freaking out about this game like "Won't somebody think of the children" mothers?

Scully said:
Remember when you guys were freaking out about this game like "Won't somebody think of the children" mothers?
I remember that.

I was actually kind of surprised, I figured people here had enough common sense to realize the entire point of the game is to have the usual mindless killing you have in practically every other game on the market, minus the justification.

Even when someone broke it down for them, it's like they couldn't read, calling it incoherent nonsense. :roll:

I probably won't get this game myself.  I definitely like story and reason for my actions in games.  Not necessarily justification, but I'm not interested in a game where the sole purpose is to kill everyone and everything for no real reason.

jacobhinds said:
The edgy 16 y/o Machiavellian-quote-spouting linkin park character seems deliberate in a dumb "look at this jackass" sort of way. The developers knew exactly what they were doing in creating such a controversial title, and they probably knew what they were doing in making the PC like a parody of the type of people who legitimately defend the game.

The problem with that is that you need to be able to take an outside point of view to observe the stereotype in order to understand the point. A person who's sucked into his own grim little world will most probably be unable to do so, because his worldview is deranged as it is. I mean, what ever the point of this game is, it is not to reach people, who actually have such thoughts as the PC has, to make them think differently. It might stir up conversation, but I only see it coming down to the question of how far can video games go. As for the misanthropists, they'll get to live out their fantasies through this game, but I don't think anyone knows whether it directly or indirectly affects their behaviour in any significant way. That said, I see this game mostly as a tasteless effort to sell a game by weakly disguising it as a device to make a point about society. All it can say is: look at this dumbass, he's dumb. And all you can answer is: Yes, he is, or: No, he's not. It's a children's argument.

MickDick said:
I was actually kind of surprised, I figured people here had enough common sense to realize the entire point of the game is to have the usual mindless killing you have in practically every other game on the market, minus the justification.

There's not much justification for killing in games, in general. At least you don't look for it, you just skip the stupid and awful cut-scenes to get to the killing.

Back
Top Bottom