Happy/Merry Russian Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Thirteen days after Western Christmas, on January 7th, the Russian Orthodox Church celebrates its Christmas, in accordance with the old Julian calendar. It's a day of both solemn ritual and joyous celebration

Merry Christmas all russian players :3

dedmoroz02-430x570.jpg

For all I know we arent celebrating christmas since its been forbidden in 1917. Now its ofcourse allowed but it isnt a tradition anymore. Communists decided that we should celebrate New Year instead, so we celebrate New Year instead of christmas. Orthodox people celebrate christmas, but its just a ceremony no christmas or something.

) Thanks for the greetings)
A bit late, but for all this wonderful Christmas song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIcdj3co5kQ&feature=&p=8CE60CA751520EB4&index=0&playnext=1

Duke Daniel Milutin said:
For all I know we arent celebrating christmas since its been forbidden in 1917. Now its ofcourse allowed but it isnt a tradition anymore. Communists decided that we should celebrate New Year instead, so we celebrate New Year instead of christmas. Orthodox people celebrate christmas, but its just a ceremony no christmas or something.

Don`t overestimate the Communists ..)  Tradition of celebrating of Christmas, Easter, Ivan Kupala, and much more  does not were eradicated  among the common people. This applies particularly to the countryside.
And I congratulate you all a Happy Old-Style New Year)))

Generally we have a festive mood starts from December 24 and ends after January 13. Good to have a old traditions)))

All this celebrations like christmas and halloween is from pagan rituals. the communists forbidden it because they were atheists, but in reality it isnt Christian at all. Even the christmas three and the star on top of it got a pagan past.

All this celebrations like christmas and halloween is from pagan rituals. the communists forbidden it because they were atheists, but in reality it isnt Christian at all. Even the christmas three and the star on top of it got a pagan past.

who cares? Free Stuff comes your way

Lackay said:

who cares? Free Stuff comes your way

That only works well when your little.  When your an adult you have to buy gifts as well.  In time you'll understand what I mean.

Pagan sounds like accusion from some cristian, not like an specific type of religion.

I think it's better to give presents to people when they doesn't expect it, as then they doesn't get disappointed. Buying presents to everyone in so short period can be hard for some people, and because of that many people get economical problems. So I think you should give presents because you want it and not because you are expected to...

I think it's better to give presents to people when they doesn't expect it, as then they doesn't get disappointed. Buying presents to everyone in so short period can be hard for some people, and because of that many people get economical problems. So I think you should give presents because you want it and not because you are expected to...

If that's how it was, then people wouldn't be able to give out gifts without the suspicion that you are just trying to get in their pants.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom