Half Life 2 mods: Empiresmod

Users who are viewing this thread

Skyrage

Master Knight
Just curious how many here still plays HL2 mods and whether anyone plays Empiresmod?

I tend to return to it every now and then cause it's an interesting enough mod, but it seems that the trend (like for every mod that is not Counter Strike) is that the player population is dwindling.

I can't really see why, considering many mods are infinitely better in many ways than regular CS - then again, perhaps that is the very reason - anything more complicated than CS and requires thinking beyond where to be at the right time and how to headshot gives lesser people a headache.

As for Empires, I suppose it is a mod that can be overwhelming to new players considering the overwhelming amount of classes (4), vehicles (6 or so), and how to set it all up (3 or so extra buttons to remember for the menu's), a research tree (which only the commander has to care about) and whatnot else - but as I asked before, am still curious how many here have played it or still play it?

Would be cool to get more new people playing, and considering many here have the capacity to live through Dwarf Fortress, I figure that this mod shouldn't be a pain in the ass to get into for this community.

Meh.

Oh yeah..linky for the curious:

http://www.empiresmod.com/

Yep. I've played it for a while, although I've been off for the last couple of months. It's a fun mod and the players are rather mature although some flame inexperienced players. The worst part about is probably a bit lacking in variety sometimes. It's great fun to be artillery though :grin:.

I tried it a few years ago but didn't like it very much. The commanders were usually pretty inept and almost nobody worked as a team.

Been playing this for years, definitely the best HL2 mod IMO and the one I have played the most behind Zombie Master.

Fantastic game that never gets old.

The mod is excellent. I don't play it much though, the commander is always an idiot, servers always seem to slam-packed with too many players or have far too few, and I don't like how infeasible being infantry is.

With some sort of AI, maybe in a co-op setting, I'd probably play it more.

Again, I think it's a wonderful mod, I just don't like the way people play it. Pretty much how I feel about cRPG for Warband or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. multiplayer as well.

Well, yeah, ain't many servers around anymore apart from that EPIC one. But that's pretty much the only server I ever played on anyway cause there you "usually" have competent players and decent games.

Seems that it's still only alive during EU evenings though which is a bit of a shame.

Austupaio said:
The mod is excellent. I don't play it much though, the commander is always an idiot, servers always seem to slam-packed with too many players or have far too few, and I don't like how infeasible being infantry is.

With some sort of AI, maybe in a co-op setting, I'd probably play it more.

Again, I think it's a wonderful mod, I just don't like the way people play it. Pretty much how I feel about cRPG for Warband or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. multiplayer as well.

You know, the game you got your avatar from kinda reminds me of this mod.

Back
Top Bottom