Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Criminal Soap Droppers

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Soap on a Rope

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
I've never grinded. Or, rather, I've never felt like I was grinding. That in itself is an accomplishment.
Doing repetitive **** to progress is considered a grind. Only enjoyable part of the game imo was the jumping puzzles.

At least I managed to find someone to give my copy to, so it wasn't a complete waste of 50 euro

Scully said:
Splintert said:
I've never grinded. Or, rather, I've never felt like I was grinding. That in itself is an accomplishment.
Doing repetitive **** to progress is considered a grind. Only enjoyable part of the game imo was the jumping puzzles.

At least I managed to find someone to give my copy to, so it wasn't a complete waste of 50 euro

The thing is - you don't have to do repetitive ****.

Scully said:
Splintert said:

It's a matter of perspective really, because in my opinion it is impossible to do the same thing over and over again in Guild Wars 2. I have restarted countless times (yes even after nearly 5 months I still haven't decided my main profession) and I never thought of it being repetitive or boring.

The only thing I've grinded were christmas presents which I made a small killing off of the first night of the Wintersday update, and events on Cursed Shore. However, both were/aren't that awful to do nor required. The only thing that has felt like grinding is ****ing champion fights, most of the time the only thing really different about them is that they have a **** tonne of health, and the most challenging part is paying attention instead of falling asleep out of boredom.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Scully said:
Splintert said:

The thing is - you don't have to do repetitive ****.
The main thing in the game is to lvl, and there's not all that many ways of doing that.

The thing that made me stop playing Guild Wars 2 is it's rather simple combat system. The different weapon skills are unbalanced so there's not much choice there if you don't want to gimp yourself. In addition to that, there are only like 6 main combat skills or so (it's been a while)? The additional skills are used relatively little. Almost every fight feels the same. Dodging is a nice mechanic and adds some more strategy to combat, but it doesn't compensate the previous issues. Thus I got bored. Perhaps I played the wrong classes, I don't know...

Captain_Octavius said:
The thing that made me stop playing Guild Wars 2 is it's rather simple combat system. The different weapon skills are unbalanced so there's not much choice there if you don't want to gimp yourself. In addition to that, there are only like 6 main combat skills or so (it's been a while)? The additional skills are used relatively little. Almost every fight feels the same. Dodging is a nice mechanic and adds some more strategy to combat, but it doesn't compensate the previous issues. Thus I got bored. Perhaps I played the wrong classes, I don't know...

I felt exactly the same.

All combat, pvp and pve, was 111231112311123 for every weapon.

The first GW had much more depth in its skill system, IMO. There weren't pointless skills for autoattacking with weapons, everybody wasn't a generalist, and specializing could make you worthless in some situations so you had to prepare your group for that. :neutral:

Guesting is finally coming out on the 28th :smile:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guesting-is-coming/

Server transfers will also no longer be free and you cannot guest to servers outside of your continental region.

Sir Prince said:
It was, sadly, quite boring. Although I think that is largely due to the lack of moving around in GW1's case.

I don't know about you, but as a condition ranger I spent a lot of time running around during AB's. My group's purpose was to capture empty points and spread conditions in team fights.

Orion said:
Sir Prince said:
It was, sadly, quite boring. Although I think that is largely due to the lack of moving around in GW1's case.

I don't know about you, but as a condition ranger I spent a lot of time running around during AB's. My group's purpose was to capture empty points and spread conditions in team fights.
I've only played PvP once and that was almost by accident when I was just doing some Wintersday quests last month while waiting for GW2 Wintersday to start.

Major January update!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013

LIVING STORY Flame and Frost: Prelude A mystery presents itself in this first entry in a multipart Living Story series. What could be causing such discord in the foothills of the Shiverpeaks? All those poor homesteaders and ranchers displaced with nowhere to go calls into question if the storms could be that bad—or if there’s something more sinister stirring up the flame and frost. The ground is shaking, and the sky is falling in northern Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. Norn and charr refugees, crawling from the wreckage of their homes, are fighting their way to shelter in Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel. Many are in shock and wounded; most have only what they can carry on their backs. A call has gone out for volunteers to assist them in their time of need, when the environment itself seems to have become their enemy. Achievements
A new Living Story achievement category has been added, which will contain a series of achievements specific to the storylines unfolding in Tyria.
The first Living Story achievement, Refugee Volunteer, has been added. Players who complete this achievement by playing the Flame and Frost: Prelude content will be rewarded with the Volunteer title. They will also receive a karma reward via in-game mail.
More achievements will be added as the Living Story continues to unfold.

Events
New Living Story events have been added to Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau.

Heralds
Starting shortly after the January 28th^ update, heralds will begin appearing in cities across Tyria. Their task is to keep adventurers apprised of the events currently underway that are driving the Living Story forward. Be sure to check in with them if you need direction.

Other Content
Persistent world content related to the story of the refugees has been added to Wayfarer Foothills, Diessa Plateau, the Black Citadel, and Hoelbrak. This content will continue to change and evolve as the story unfolds, so be sure to keep checking back.

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT
Daily/Monthly Achievements
Rewards
A new currency has been added: the laurel. Players earn one laurel for completion of the daily achievement category and ten laurels for completion of the monthly achievement category. This new currency can be spent at laurel vendors in all of the major cities to obtain over 90 items, including:
A new category of infusion, the utility infusion
Ascended amulets
Crafting starter kits
WvW blueprints
Obsidian shards
New boosters, advanced harvesting tools, and crafting trophy bags
A new, unique miniature: Goedulf, the mythical wolf-cub spirit that protects lost norn children
A new, unique miniature: Chauncey von Snuffles III, who placed second in the Divinity’s Reach Fanciest Cat competition

UI
Achievement tracking UI has been added to provide at-a-glance information on daily and monthly achievements as well as quick access to the achievements panel.

Achievements
New daily achievements have been added.
Daily achievements now rotate on a daily basis.
Daily achievements now only have a single tier.
The number of achievement points awarded for daily achievements has been adjusted.

Dungeons
Polished dungeons and removed the ability to use waypoints while any player is in combat.
Dynamic Leveling
Attribute calculations for dynamic level scaling have been rebalanced. In general, this means weaker when adjusted down, stronger when adjusted up. Rewards when adjusted down have been increased to compensate. It is now possible to receive your own level of loot from any level of enemy.

Fractals of the Mists
Players can now reconnect to the Fractals of the Mists if they are disconnected.
Players can now connect to a fractal map even if they are not part of the original group that created the fractal instance.
Players can revive at a checkpoint in fractal maps if the entire party is out of combat.
Players are no longer prevented from entering fractal maps. The difficulty of the fractals is shared, and players will receive rewards based on their “reward level.”
Reward level increases as players complete fractal rounds.
If players have a higher reward level than the current fractal difficulty, they will receive bonus karma at the end of a round. However, item rewards are set to the minimum of the fractal scale and reward level.
Daily Fractals of the Mists bonus chests are awarded after defeating the kraken. The rewards are now based off of the minimum of the player’s reward level or current fractal scale.

Guesting
Players may now log in to a world other than their home world as a guest.
On the character select screen, click the “World Selection” button.
Choose a world you would like to guest on and click the “Guest” button.
Select any of your characters and select “Play” to log in to the world you chose as a guest.
Guesting has some limits and restrictions:
You may only guest on worlds in the same region as your home world. Players on American home worlds cannot guest on European worlds or vice versa.
You may not participate in World vs. World for any guest world. If you choose to enter World vs. World, you will be moved back to your home world. Only changing your home world using a world transfer can change your World vs. World participation.
You are only eligible to guest on 2 different worlds at a time. Each time you guest on a world, that world becomes available to play on for the next 24 hours. After 24 hours, you may choose to guest on a different world. You may log in to any active guesting world as many times as you wish with no restriction.
Guesting on worlds that are full or highly populated increases your risk of being put into an overflow map.
While guesting, all guild influence earned will be applied to your home world, and you will only have access to your home world guild benefits, including the guild vault.

World Transfer Fee
It now costs a gem fee to transfer your home world.
Gem fees for world transfers are based on the population of the world you are transferring to.
Each account is still limited to one transfer every 7 days.
Players still cannot transfer to servers that are “Full.”

ORR
The Risen creatures all across Orr have had their population density adjusted.
Areas, chests, and merchants in Orr now offer better rewards.
See “World Polish – Orr” below for more details.

UI Improvements
Changes have been made to the attributes section of the hero panel to cleanly display more information.
Several PvP dialogs no longer take UI focus away from chat when opening.
Players can once again preview armor and weapons that cannot be equipped by their character.

Structured Player vs. Player January 28th – February 4th Is Temple of the Silent Storm Week
Instead of 3-round paid tournaments, there will be a 1-round match between 2 teams on the Temple of the Silent Storm map.
The price for entry will be 3 tickets per player.
Rewards for the test will be reduced from the normal paid tournaments.
After the game is finished, both teams will be returned to the lobby, where they can reenter the tournament queue.
To participate, go to the PvP lobby and speak to the Tournament Master.
At the end of this period, the Temple of the Silent Storm map will be added to the tournament rotation.
Skillbars now have team-colored backgrounds in sPvP.

World vs. World
Character load times in WvW have been improved through the use of preloaded placeholder models.

And.. for the... bronies >_<
PITxMD3.jpg

It'd be great if Piken Square would stop losing the WvW matches in the last week after having been dominant right up to then...

Back
Top Bottom