Guide for kingdom management

Users who are viewing this thread

Corwin81

Recruit
Hi Everyone, I am looking for some guidance when you start the sandbox Kingdom style.
I am familiar with Warband etc but when you start from scratch I have the following problem:

How do you get your lords to "like you" (dammit they leave the battlefield if they dont like me) given the fact that I am not supposed to "please them" as a king. In the storyline I would do mission for them.
how do you get to war when you are at peace ? I just attacked another faction (whithout treaty in place), and everyone abandonned me. During a siege they all left...

I just want to be king of Ireland you know :smile:
Also Have you notted you cannot get them to attack any places, the choice possible are only to loot villages or besiege Capital

thank you for your help

free bump.

Good questions, maybe the devs could add more features to kingdom building. I really enjoyed all the options I had in Brytenwalda like sending out a guy to recruit villagers for me. That doesn't seem to be in VC :sad:

Corwin81 said:
Hi Everyone, I am looking for some guidance when you start the sandbox Kingdom style.
I am familiar with Warband etc but when you start from scratch I have the following problem:

How do you get your lords to "like you" (dammit they leave the battlefield if they dont like me) given the fact that I am not supposed to "please them" as a king. In the storyline I would do mission for them.
how do you get to war when you are at peace ? I just attacked another faction (whithout treaty in place), and everyone abandonned me. During a siege they all left...

I just want to be king of Ireland you know :smile:
Also Have you notted you cannot get them to attack any places, the choice possible are only to loot villages or besiege Capital

thank you for your help

I would assume good relations with the lord, you having good reputation and a good alignment with Christianity would all help lords to like you...(assuming not-Pagan).

There are only a few limited ways to get them to like you. Giving them fiefs, of course. Giving them gifts, and helping them out in battles. You can give multiple gifts to one lord, so if you run into one you can change their relation as much as you'd like by giving them multiple gifts, as long as you have the money saved up. I think holding feasts that go over well helps, but I haven't tried that yet?

As far as warring, you can make someone else marshal by talking to your minister, and they will take charge of campaigns against your enemy. You can set the various postures of the kingdom to defend, gather forces, etc also. But the marshal will decide what needs to be done independently. It would be nice to have more options available, but you can also talk to a lord directly and give him new tasks in order to get them involved.

Back
Top Bottom