Growing The Beard

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, your adult character model fully matures at 21. Prior to that, your (and every other ~18-21 year old) character is in their teenage model. I think you age every decade or so after that but I'm not sure (been awhile and I'm fuzzy on the details so I might be completely wrong about the gradual aging thing).

So i assume that once you reach that age it automaticly grows ?
Let's be clear: NO, a beard won't automatically grows. Whatever your age.

Once your character turns 18 you can select one of the beards (I think it's only two) available at this age. Sometimes this early beard will be automatically attributed to the character. And that's it.

If you expect your character to have more and more hairs on his face with time passing then no, it won't happen. Such mechanic hasn't been implemented in the game.

If you want a bigger beard > go to be barber or use DCC or Character Reload and select a bigger one.

That being said I'd like to see such feature, it's a cool idea and makes sense since every character become older.

Last edited:
Let's be clear: NO, a beard won't automatically grows. Whatever your age.

Once your character turns 18 you can select one of the beards (I think it's only two) available at this age. Sometimes this early beard will be automatically attributed to the character. And that's it.

If you expect your character to have more and more hairs on his face with time passing then no, it won't happen. Such mechanic hasn't been implemented in the game.

If you want a bigger beard > go to be barber or use DCC or Character Reload and select a bigger one.

That being said I'd like to see such feature, it's a cool idea and makes sense since every character become older.
I just started a new character at the youngest age selecting the full beard. Once i reached the age of 22-23 i had a full beard (No Mods) So it does automaticly grow.

I just started a new character at the youngest age selecting the full beard. Once i reached the age of 22-23 i had a full beard (No Mods) So it does automaticly grow.
It doesn’t grow, it’s just that when the character turns 21 they get the adult body and the beard appears. Doesn’t gradually grow over time.

It doesn’t grow, it’s just that when the character turns 21 they get the adult body and the beard appears. Doesn’t gradually grow over time.
Correct, anyone under 21 is still basically a child and will be missing facial hair, tattoos, etc.

Facial hair does not grow, Red Dead Redemption 2 this is not.

Example, PC Age 42 has scar:
rYbut5S.png

"Baby" PC Age 20 eye scar becomes invisible:
CkGt6GT.png

Yes, your adult character model fully matures at 21. Prior to that, your (and every other ~18-21 year old) character is in their teenage model. I think you age every decade or so after that but I'm not sure (been awhile and I'm fuzzy on the details so I might be completely wrong about the gradual aging thing).
It's gradual, like waiting for patches to be released

Actually I will give TW credit here, character aging is handled pretty well in-game. Probably even better than say Crusader Kings 3 IMO.

bQynM5J.png

gMeJbWc.png
cVe8jTL.png
6uzLt51.png
x3iYmyQ.png

No the beard doesn't grow.

Trust me, I have 2000 hours of gameplay and zero reason to make you believe otherwise.

Again: the beard doesn't grow (and as far as I know there isn't any mod that provides this feature).

You might have selected one of the basic teenage beard available that automaticaly turned into a more hairy one once you reached 21. This will be your only experience of "a growing beard". If you have picked the other option nothing would have happen. And the "new" beard your character had won't grow bigger.

One last time: the beard doesn't grow (neither does the hair -the ones on the head-).

Can't be more specific than that sorry, hope you'll figure this out by yourself.

(but this is still a cool feature I'd like to see in the game)

Last edited:
No the beard doesn't grow.

Trust me, I have 2000 hours of gameplay and zero reason to make you believe otherwise.

Again: the beard doesn't grow (and as far as I know there isn't any mod that provides this feature).

You might have selected one of the basic teenage beard available that automaticaly turned into a more hairy one once you reached 21. This will be your only experience of "a growing beard". If you have picked the other option nothing would have happen. And the "new" beard your character had won't grow bigger.

One last time: the beard doesn't grow (neither does the hair -the ones on the head-).

Can't be more specific than that sorry, hope you'll figure this out by yourself.

(but this is still a cool feature I'd like to see in the game)
did u notice that sheep grow their fur ? coz there is a patch in the past the rework the sheep model if u still remember

Didn't notice that, on which patch this has been added ?

Are we talking about sheep fur or character beard growing ? I'm confused

Hu yeah ? What about my avatar and it's beard ?

You seem to hold something, why the suspense ? Please shoot

I've also asked two questions, didn't get a proper reply, I'm all ears

Last edited:
Hu yeah ? What about my avatar and it's beard ?

You seem to hold something, why the suspense ? Please shoot

I've also asked two questions, didn't get a proper reply, I'm all ears
Ah, I don't think I know you, peace to you stranger !

Back
Top Bottom