Greek fire and Naphtha

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
It would be cool if some of the tech from roughly the period was implemented like Naphtha which was used in the Middle East. This could be an Aserai special unit or something that can be acquired in the Aserai lands kind of like weak fire grenade that are thrown by hand. If ships are ever added Greek fire could be an Empire special tech. What do you guys think?

Don't think it would be OP at all. Just don't have too many per 'quiver' or stack or whatever. People have added fire grenades and explosive bolts through modding and it isn't game changing. Greek fire would be awesome, I'd also love to be able to toggle fire arrows and set fire to buildings and siege engines. There'd need to be higher tier siege towers etc. with more armour though.

Don't think it would be OP at all. Just don't have too many per 'quiver' or stack or whatever. People have added fire grenades and explosive bolts through modding and it isn't game changing.

It isn't game-changing, just annoying because the AI has always been lousy with them in MnB titles. Your allies occasionally clip you with their effect (although I assume this is easier to toggle off in Bannerlord) while the enemy might launch a half-dozen of the things at you (the player) just because you're sticking out a foot in front of everyone else or whatever trips their targeting focus.

Yeah just have 1 per stack and maybe require a very high throwing skill to be able to use them like 100 or something. This would be the perfect weapon for my Aserai assassin man of the mountain character. Naptha was used against the crusaders by the Arabs so it was a legit period weapon.

It would be cool if some of the tech from roughly the period was implemented like Naphtha which was used in the Middle East. This could be an Aserai special unit or something that can be acquired in the Aserai lands kind of like weak fire grenade that are thrown by hand. If ships are ever added Greek fire could be an Empire special tech. What do you guys think?
Correct me if I am wrong,but didn't the greeks also use naphtha (which is a greek word meaning oil) as fire granades too?

I actually implemented naphta in my mod... and they're about as lousy as you'd expect lol. A lot of fun, but I can see why people would not want them.

They wouldn't be a game changer like the glaive or anything, but if timed right give you some mob control. Like defending a castle and dropping a few down the murder hole at the gate house :S

Last edited:
Considering there are explosive pots at a lot of the siege defences, I don't see why this couldn't be made. I think it's more of a technical hurdle though, getting it to look right and how the soldiers would react to being on fire etc.

It'd be cool if TW added it in, but this one is probably for the mod teams.

It isn't game-changing, just annoying because the AI has always been lousy with them in MnB titles. Your allies occasionally clip you with their effect (although I assume this is easier to toggle off in Bannerlord) while the enemy might launch a half-dozen of the things at you (the player) just because you're sticking out a foot in front of everyone else or whatever trips their targeting focus.
Yeah I've been taken out by my men launching explosives in my direction. I've also seen a guy try to throw a bomb up at the defenders whilst attacking a wall only to end up killing himself. I don't really mind the friendly fire so much seeing as you can stand under a shower of your army's arrows and not get a scratch.

Back
Top Bottom