Graphic Card

Users who are viewing this thread

simple and cheap: R4830 (MSI 4+1 gfx card)
about $95, overclockable to hd 4850 speeds.
A very nice card, dx10 and yeah...but i have dx10 mircro stuttering (which, by the way, is not just ATI related)
BUT
if you don't have the computer for such cards, don't do it.
an 8500GT is good for mount&blade, at 1440x900 no AA and everything else maxed (YEAH!) and its fairly cheap.

ATI is okay, just don't expect to run every game perfectly.
All of my games work 100% fine, except Mount and Blade which screws up in sieges if I have bodies turned out, stupid vertex buffer.
I do not even know why I got an ATI card, I am not super good with computers, my brother is though, and I think we had to get an ATI card because he knows like most people that ATI cards are not that good. Maybe it is because we have an intergrated ATI chip? And it came with an AMD processor which makes things worse.

I have a 4870 and it was only $200 and it runs games like crysis and far cry 2 and gears fine. Crysis lags for us BECAUSE our ****ty processor, we upgraded the graphics card but not the processor yet.

Also, shouldn't he worry about the power supply too? We had to shell out an extra $100 just to get a new power supply.

And yes, buy stuff from newegg

jasonxfri13th said:
I have a 4870 and it was only $200 and it runs games like crysis and far cry 2 and gears fine. Crysis lags for us BECAUSE our ****ty processor, we upgraded the graphics card but not the processor yet.

What CPU do you have?

janlulhannes said:
jasonxfri13th said:

What CPU do you have?
AMD quad core 2.2 ghz, we are upgrading to a quad 3ghz for only $220.
Like in gears it runs super smooth but when a bunch of enemies suddenly come it lags or when it loads.

jasonxfri13th said:
janlulhannes said:
jasonxfri13th said:

What CPU do you have?
Like in gears it runs super smooth but when a bunch of enemies suddenly come it lags or when it loads.

overclock it to 3GHz and get better cooler.. that will save ya round $180.  :wink:

Archonsod said:
Shouldn't be the CPU, mines only 400 Mhz faster and it runs Crysis perfectly :razz:
Well it is a ****y CPU and costs around $90.

AMD Phenom 9500

Very bad...

janlulhannes said:
jasonxfri13th said:
janlulhannes said:
jasonxfri13th said:

What CPU do you have?

overclock it to 3GHz and get better cooler.. that will save ya round $180.  :wink:
Well if I get another processor than I can clock in EVEN higher than that plus it will be a lot better. Its only $220.

Oh, and about overclocking... for some reason it did not work (my bro tried) and we would have to install a new bios and we do not want to mess with the motherboard.

Make sure to research what you plan on buying!
Just so you don't buy crap hardware (i have an e7300; if i had waited a few weeks i could've gone amd and bought a 7750 and saved $30)

jasonxfri13th said:
Archonsod said:
Shouldn't be the CPU, mines only 400 Mhz faster and it runs Crysis perfectly :razz:
Well it is a ****y CPU and costs around $90.

AMD Phenom 9500

Very bad...

janlulhannes said:
jasonxfri13th said:
janlulhannes said:
jasonxfri13th said:

What CPU do you have?

Well if I get another processor than I can clock in EVEN higher than that plus it will be a lot better. Its only $220.

Oh, and about overclocking... for some reason it did not work (my bro tried) and we would have to install a new bios and we do not want to mess with the motherboard.

Updating your BIOS is very easy, just make sure you have the right file and you dont lose power halfway :razz:

No, definitely not. Even leaving aside the problem of not having the right kind of slot for the card, there's the problem of not having the right drivers.

By reading the info on the box that tells you what it needs, and knowing something about your own damn computer?

You? You can't. But a normal person can read manuals, look up their specs, that sort of thing.

Well, I finally got my quad core 3ghz processor a few weeks ago, and what do you know? It was the processor! Crysis went from being unplayable on max to running at around 20-25 FPS. And 400 player battle in M&B went from running at 5FPS to 15FPS.

Back
Top Bottom