Good Mod but...

Users who are viewing this thread

winrehs007 said:
I see, but it's Beta Version is sub-par compared to other  mods in their Beta version.
Come now, it ain't that bad. :wink:
We ended up 3rd in the ''Best Upcoming Warband Mod Of The Year'' poll held by Bravo ScreenFun gaming magazine, which is a good rank indeed.

The reason why it feels so unfinished is mainly the map. I've been pointing that out for a while now, but modders here seem to focus on other issues than an acceptable optic. I keep on checking for a new version changing that. Until then I stick to other mods.

Ulreijk the Frisian said:
The reason why it feels so unfinished is mainly the map. I've been pointing that out for a while now, but modders here seem to focus on other issues than an acceptable optic. I keep on checking for a new version changing that. Until then I stick to other mods.

Not just the map, even when camping on the field. The camp icon don't appear, simple things like that, but it matters.

I could understand the map because if they added alot more things (like trees and such)the whole world map would lag for people without a decent gaming computer.

Personally I think that as long as the map is working than I'm more interested in other aspects of the mod, new items, kingdoms *cough*Poland*cough*, fixing broken quests and other such things.

Just my two pence.

I agree with niczego. The optical things that mostly make the game for me are fighting scenes, towns, villages. The world map is just an overview. Riding for three days and hearding a cowheard from Barcelona to Roskilde is boring - even if the world map would be nicer. Main thing is to have no bugs or lags on the world map. And Korinov posted a while ago (and you can read it in the changelog thread) that he changed the world map's textures for the next release.
And finally: It is always very easy to mock around. I like this mod for all the very nice historical details and its depth. Cèsar did a lot of very good work on banners and other textures - and I think heraldry makes a lot of a very good atmosphere. And all the research that has been done for this mod is awesome. Thanks for that guys!!!

The map will be reworked (actually, it's always worked a bit from one release to another) but I just can't make miracles happen: it's a really huge map, and a significant amount of players have already complained about performance issues. So, considering the map will actually get bigger and bigger, you should understand why we won't be adding more trees per forest or eye-catching things like that.

Note that I aknowledge the need of making the map better... too flat areas right now. The new textures (from punkt's packs) will help a bit from next version onwards (or so I hope).

Maybe the way to go is to make the map "less" 3D than the traditional M&B map concept; I'm thinking what if you were to give up the 3D trees all together and mark forests just by a different texture (maybe a satellite image of some woodlands with a bit of Photoshop work done on it), same principle could apply for the animated water.

It wouldn't look half bad if the whole thing was a flat image in fact, either photoshoped satellite image or drawn artwork, but the texture size for something like that to look decent might actually do even more harm to performance and I have no idea how it could be implemented to work with the current game mechanics so the hybrid system is still the better idea.

There is only one thing i complain about this mod.
At least in Portugal all women have the same face and the worst it isn't even a pretty face.
I didn't check the other countries but if they would have random faces i would already be happy

NikeBG said:
JPNM said:
There is only one thing i complain about this mod.
At least in Portugal all women have the same face and the worst it isn't even a pretty face.
I didn't check the other countries but if they would have random faces i would already be happy
I think some of them, especially the Italian ones (I think), are even custom-made by Mihailo. Hopefuly, in time, all will be such. :wink:
Portuguese ladies are like that from the beggining of this mod.
However, Brocas found many new ladies, some time ago, and I think I've done the face codes for them (but I can't really remember now, maybe if Korinov is watching this, he can refresh my memory).
So there will be more Portugues ladies in the next version, and even if we forgot to make their faces, we will before the release, so they will not be clones anymore.

EDIT:
Damn... This thread is becoming the new Maremagnum.
Now, before any new player of this mod starts posting again in this thread, know that there are specific threads for:
- Suggestions and critique
- Bugs
- Quests
- Questions

...but I admit that I love when someone posts in this thread, then I get an e-mail about it, and I always read the title incorrectly as Good Mood, rather than Good Mod. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom